KOGO on Fri, 10 Dec 1999 19:55:11 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Reporters at oriental bazaar

Reporters at oriental bazaar
http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/i/ga2750/pcpc/installation.html

Here we showed in many reporters in our installation.
A curator Barbara London and her stuff from MoMa were reporting our works,
also TV crew from NHK are following her Japan tour .
Everybody  were shooting each other and editing  their own thought.
But of course every reporters can only take their own shadows and couldn't
see images because of these are reflected on visitors.
They made  our installation to be complete.

Here is our report.,
http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/i/ga2750/pcpc/installation.html
Now you can see some stereotyped tourism we represent, buying trashes as
their souvenir , its colors will lose when custoers are out of our space
same like their t ouristic memories, and taking their own shadows with
their each technologies .
Moreover some of projected images from collaborators were stolen from TV.
John Miller''s game show set paintings Let's Trade Bodies and my cartoon
background paintings JOHN-san were represented as another TV set..
And Ethical Bros. who are Italian artists duo put Japanese famous wanted
criminals images into this show titled " 100% ".
These images are broadcasting as criminal news in Japan everyday. But now
same images are report ed by TV as art works.
Varely Grancher's photo series " Nowhere, Never " are taken as a typical
tourist, and Omega Trouble who helped selling white trashes or our fake
artists goods as our performance with another salesgirls Yukiko Kuroiwa
and Sachiko Iwakami.  Omegas were wearing white tights suits like some of
ritual japanese performa nce artists for European Orientalism.
But of course they never danced even TV director asked.
They presented a video report "Omega Travel" I called . They were just
walking around Venice biennial as typical tourists , but wearing
camouflaged tights suits.
And from internet G.H.hovagimyan and Peter Sinclair's soap opera " Les
Jase urs " made by computer voice were playing from phone receiver.
Mouchette the little girl calling " Do you Know me? " again and again to
visitors like car dealer's TV commercial.
Also we played Lectures 01 Capital Exchange by Karl Marx in many dialectic
readings like some art symposium in the touristic art festivals.
Thanks for reading this , Annie Abrahams , Yukiko Kuroiwa, Michael
Kosturos who was joined with his paradoxical product " Meow ".
We couldn't sell it but Mouchette's dead cat and 2 small real kittens from
our back door came and danced in the show.
Many thanks to all collaborators for this show , and Barbara London with
her stuff .