brian carroll on Fri, 31 Dec 1999 02:31:00 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> the Architecture of Electricity

 dear Nettime. i've completed a thesis which rationalizes
 the electrical infrastructure in architectural terms.
 my intention is to build a solid foundation for the indepth
 critique of networks of electrical power, media, & technology-
 that which underlies the Internet and the e-commerce engine.

 i consider this work open-source, basing the text on a series
 of defined CODE-words. please consider using these words in
 your own work to extend or challenge the AE thesis. i will
 host these texts and any others which discuss electricity
 and electrical phenomena on the AE project website.

 for example, the AE thesis enables a structural approach to
 subjects as diverse as the 'digital divide', net.art, Echelon,
 cryptography, e-tail, hacktivism, consciousness, history of
 technology, pollution, virtual reality, information warfare,
 electromagnetic architecture, etcetera, in one empirical model.

 my hope is to become a critical repository for information
 on electricity, and its economic, social, & political impact.

 [i need to state that my effort is non-profit in nature].

	 i look forward to collaborating with you...

 			       bc

 T H E   A R C H I T E C T U R E   O F   E L E C T R I C I T Y

   	        launching 12/31/99 - 01/01/00 PST

		http://www.architexturez.com/ae/

              b r i a n  t h o m a s  c a r r o l l

	      independent architectural researcher

            --  AE  T H E S I S   O V E R V I E W  --

	 An ARCHITECTURAL thesis examining ELECTRICITY...

    the ways it exists in the WORLD... its EPOCHAL evolution...

     its formation in the ELECTRICAL INFRASTRUCTURE of POWER,

    MEDIA, and TECHNOLOGY... defining new experiences of SPACE

    and TIME, AESTHETICS, and CULTURE- a new ELECTRICAL ORDER...

       juxtaposed with the ARCHITECTURAL ORDER of TRADITION,

	  revealing an ARCHITECTURE OF ELECTRICITY.  (AE)

      * 100 illustrations * 180 definitions * 60 sections *

      		   -- 10 years in the making --

      THE MEDIUM IS ELECTRICITY and THE MESSAGE IS ELECTRIC