Regina Célia Pinto on Mon, 23 Sep 2002 07:18:13 +0200 (CEST)

[nettime-lat] THE ATTIC...call for submissions

Call for submissions:

"In the corner of a room is sitting my old computer with all the stuff I
have created on it. Is it a real art object? Wouldn't it be the right
instrument to play the art created on it, the right way to present and
preserve it? --- Now it is virtually placed and visible in the Attic, a
spaceless gallery of the Museum of the essential and beyond that." (Reiner)

The building of  the MUSEUM OF THE ESSENTIAL AND BEYOND THAT  has now a
virtual  attic. YES, a VIRTUAL ATTIC, a spaceless gallery...

Reiner Strasser  and I opened this new area of  the virtual museum.  What we
are showing in the ATTIC are our old computers on which we created
web.art/net.art  and some creations made on these machines. We are inviting
all of you to see a sample of  this project  at
http://www.arteonline.arq.br/museu/attic/introattic.htm

Send us "AVATARS" of your old machines with web.art, net.art works done on
them.

The project is open to 14 collaborators.

In fact  the "Museum of the essential and beyond that"  is interested in
digital art  preservation.

We will be honoured about your participation in this project, but do not
send anything before browsing our sample and see what we really want.

For more information: arteonline@arteonline.arq.br

Best,

Reiner Strasser and Regina Célia Pinto