NewMediaArtProjectNetwork on Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:05:49 +0200 (CEST)

[nettime-lat] JavaMuseum - Perspectives`03 - JavaArtist of the Year Award

JavaMuseum -
Forum for Internet Technologies in Contemporary Art
(Java=Joint Advanced Virtual Affairs)
www.javamuseum.org

launches with great pleasure
online on 14 October 2003
and on
Computer Space Festival 2003 Sofia/Bulgaria
www.computerspace.org
16-18 October 2003

>Perspectives'03<
 - competition and showcase of net based art 2003 -
in co-operation with
Compter Space Festival 2003 Sofia Bulgaria
and Goethe Institut Sofia/Bulgaria.

"Perspectives'03" focusses on the net based art production of the years
2002/2003.

During the prize ceremony on 16 October 2003, the
"JavaArtist of the Year Award 2003 "
will be given to these three artists:

Annie Abrahams (France)
David Crawford (USA)
Tsunamii.net (Singapore).

They form the basis of  "Perspectives'03" - the show -
together with these 9 artists, which are also honoured as
"Perspectives of Excellence"
Thomson & Craighead (UK), Gregory Chatonsky (France)
Jillian McDonald  (Canada), Gair Dunlop & Dan Norton (K)
Babel  (Canada), Bruno Samper  (France), David Clark (Canada)
Sashiko Hayashi  (France), Agence Topo (Canada)

and these featured artists:

Jonah Brucker-Cohen (Irland), Jody Zellen (USA),
Marcello Mercado  (Germany), Nicolas Economos (USA)
Julian Alvarez (Spain ), Per Pegelow (Germany)
Adele Prince/Edward Hill (UK), Marcus Neustetter (South Africa)
Dimitre Lima (Brazil), Enrique Radigales (UK), Jurgen Trautwein (USA),
Roxanne Wolanczyk (USA) , Redcaiman´(Venezuela/USA)
Ardevol (Spain), Michael Szpakowski (UK)
Nathan Martin, Todd Willey & Tyler Jacobsen (USA)

JavaMuseum is proud to launch on 14 October 2003 also the Feature:
>I - rivers< - Netart from German speaking countries!
which will be presented during
Computer Space Festival 2003 Sofia
in co-operation the Goethe Institut Sofia

including these artists:
Reiner Strasser, Sascha Buettner, Bernhard Reuss
Jens Sundheim, Martin Mittelmeier, kyon,
Nadja Kutz & Tim Nikolai Hoffmann,  Per Pegelow , Stephan Hager
Malte Steiner, Jürgen Trautwein, Franz Alken
Ralf Hellmann, Roman Minaev, Jorn Ebner
AmbientTV (Manu Luksch & Mukul Patel), Johannes Auer
Isabel Saij, Thomas Tirel, Marcello Mercado
Agricola de Cologne

+++++++++++++++++++++++
"Perspectives'03" -
 - competition and showcase -
is organized and created for JavaMuseum
by  Agricola de Cologne

The show can be accessed via
www.javamuseum.org
 and
www.javamuseum.org/2003/perspectives03/index.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++
The feature:
>I - rivers< - Netart from German speaking countries
is organized and curated for JavaMuseum
by Agricola de Cologne

and can be acessed via
www.javamuseum.org
and
www.javamuseum.org/2003/germanfeature/index.html
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
!!JavaArtist of the Year Award!!
JavaMuseum gives this Award once a year to outstanding artists
who use net based media for their art creations,
who combine artistic expression and statements with substantial power
technological activity and excellence in sustained work.
www.javamuseum.org

In 2001 this Award was given to
MEZ (Australia), Jody Zellen (USA) and Tiia Johannson (Estonia)
and in 2002 to Calin Man, media artist from Romania.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Special thanks to
Rosen Petkov,
Chairman of the Organisation Committee of
Computer Space Festival Sofia/Bulgaria
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
JavaMuseum -
Forum for Internet Technologies in Contemporary Art
(Java=Joint Advanced Virtual Affairs)
www.javamuseum.org

is corporate member of
[NewMediaArtProjectNetwork] :||cologne -
the experimental platform for netbased art -
operating from Cologne/Germany.

Contacts:
info@javamuseum.org
press@javamuseum.org