Antonio C Pinto on Thu, 4 Dec 2003 02:01:08 +0100 (CET)

[nettime-lat] Contemplatio: a new blog by Antonio C-Pinto: "Not-Art"

Contemplatio: a new blog by Antonio C-Pinto: "Not-Art"

Not-Art

I took the expression Not-Art from a Terry Atkinson essay on the possibility
of a post-pictorialist, informational art practice that would have to be
carried on by a new artist specimen, other than the one modeled upon the
bleeding hear of Van Gogh. Significant parts of Terry's essay were
transcript to this brief memo on the future of art in a world submitted to
an expanding and pervasive cybernetic paradigm. Carrying different views to
this very same discussion I have also picked up three other extensive
quotes: one from Rainer Usselmann on the strategic limitations of the
crucial show organized by the ICA in 1968, Cybernetic Serendipity; and two
others from Blackhawk on the art condition under media dominated societies.
The following lines should actually be read as an introduction to such
transcriptions in the first place. [...]

http://antoniomaria.typepad.com/contemplatio/