geert on Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:53:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] herinnert iemand zich nog tornado? (dotcom slachtoffer)

 N O W  E U R O P E  D I G E S T

     Europe's Online Business Forum
     <http://nowEurope.com>
     List Moderator: Steven Carlson
     <mailto:steve@noweurope.com>
     Issue for: Tue, Mar 26, 2002

Subject: The Tornado spins out
From: Liz Barth <liz@windmillreports.com>

I was the director of research at Tornado Insider where I created
the newsletters. I live in Amsterdam, and according to the local
Dutch press, the bankruptcy trustee is still trying to sell the
assets of the business and possibly preserve the jobs of the last
few unpaid but loyal employees. Unfortunately, a few million
dollars of debt proved to be the company's downfall and no
potential buyer wanted any part of it.

When I left Tornado last September, I started a research company
to provide IPO and venture capital investment research, so I
could offer a more comprehensive database of European venture
capital deals and an improved monthly newsletter.

For those of you who miss my old Deals in Europe newsletters from
Tornado, I can tell you that during the first two months of 2002,
we recorded about 200 European deals which totaled more than 1.3
billion euros.

Drop me a line at liz@windmillreports.com or call me at +31 20 66
57 493 if you'd like a sample copy of the newsletter and the
January data.

Best regards,

Liz Barth
Amsterdam Financial Research