PLANETART on Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:04:09 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] 3GP filmvertoning + NL/Japan Audio Art Acts live do 13 april

do 13 april 20 u:

PLANETART
Noorderhagen 11
Enschede
gratis entree
aanvang 20 u

Grootbeeld-presentaties van de 3GP short-films uit de workshop van MobileVideoNet
Roadmovies: shortfilms voor de mobiele telefoon zoals die binnenkort worden uitgezonden in de file
http://www.mobilevideo.net

live:
TERG (NL)
Medogenloze Power-electronics uit de school van Merzbow
http://arjan.dagdief.nl/vene/terg.htm

live:
CONTAGIOUS ORGASM (Japan) versus ZYRTAC, (NL)
Na het uitbrengen van hun gezamelijke CD DNA Loops presenteert dit gelegenheidsduo hun soundsculptures, collages, samples en beats, geluiden uit het hart van de stad.
Pansonic meets Muslemgauze meets Dead Husbands meets Residents meets Sigmund Freud
http://www.blutistzeit.nl/

afterparty hosted by CUTDISCO, Neerlands TOP SCRATCHER!!! ............................................................................................................ =============================================================================================================

*CONTAGIOUS ORGASM (JAPAN) VS ZYRTAX (HOLLAND)*

*INFO CONTAGIOUS ORGASM:*

Hiroshi Hashimoto has been recording under the name Contagious Orgasm since 1987. He has gone through many changes; from dark and creepy sound constructions to beat oriented music verging on dance. There are sample based sound sculptures, repetitive looped bits of musical phrases sounding like Muslimgauze, Japussy 2000 or Climax Golden Twins and wonderful complex soundscapes combined with mellow beats that blend right in.

Contagious Orgasm has releases on SSSM, Utsu Tapes, Old Europa Café, Blade Records, Speeding Across My Hemisphere, Syntactic, Auscultare Research, Ant-Zen, Harbinger, SD-Image, Dreizn, Slaughter Productions, Praxis-Dr. Bearmann, MSBR, Less Than Zero, Tesco and DBD Records.

*INFO ZYRTAX:*

Eenmansproject van Johnny van de koolwijk. In 2000 begonnen onder de naam Dead Husbands maar in 2005 werd onder een nieuwe naam en met een andere sound de draad opgepikt. Grijpt terug op klassieke bands als de Residents en Nurse With Wound maar de oubollige lofi-geluiden worden altijd gecombineerd met kille electronica en vreemde samples.

Zyrtax werkte in het verleden o.a. samen met Truck van Rental, Ubique Daemon, Government Alpha, GX Juppiter Larsen, Dave Phillips, Sudden Infant, odal & Contagious Orgasm waarmee hij in 2005 de "DNA LOOPS" cd opnam.

*REVIEWS DNA LOOPS CD:*

The work of Contagious Orgasm is now going for more than a decade and he never gets enough. Here teaming up with the for me unknown Zyrtrax in a particular more rhythmic affair than the usual Contagious Orgasm work. Be it technoid, be it industrial or plain minimalist, in the fourteen tracks they all pass by, intercepted by sound effects and synthesizers. A main influence on this music is, me thinks, Pan Sonic. Some of their plain and minimal, yet danceable music can be traced back into this. What more can be said? Nothing really. It's a fine mixture of various rhythmic influences from the last twenty or so years, ended up in a strict personal style. A good and solid CD.

(Vital Weekly)

The inside cover of this CD showsa photocollage by Yasutoshi Yoshida of a metropolis by night. All the moving lights produce a nervous image. The front cover is more serene. Again we see a metropolis but it lies beneath a huge mountain topped by an ancient pagoda. The resaon i'm describing the cover is because it perfectly fits the music on the CD. This collaboration Between Contagious Orgasm and Zyrtax gives you the feeling of walking through a metropolis. Around you the sounds of the big city are heard and most of the time it's not relaxing. Agitated rhytms, alarming electronic sounds of all kind, voices in agony... you better run. Fortunately there are also some tranquil moments. I guess we reached the pagoda on the mountaintop now. Time to contemplate and recover our strength before we face the chaos of the city again. The 14 tracks on this CD are all very different and well-produced. It's one of those CD's you can listen very often and still you hear something new every time.

(Rigodon)

The master of disorientating disaster returns for another crack at wiping out the brain cells with this split release with Zyrtax. A convention full of psychiatrists would have a field day trying to analyse what makes this artist tick. He’s a walking breathing conundrum. On the one hand some of the music on "DNA Loops" is accessible and acceptable with hints of a tune here and there. By the same turn other pieces just beggar belief as they smash head long into an avant-garde concrete quagmire. Sigmund Freud could have written a huge thesis on Contagious Orgasm’s work and still be none the wiser as to how his mind works.

Having been around the music scene for nearly 20 years, time has not calmed down Contagious Orgasm’s excesses. Growing old disgracefully and proud of the badge of indolence worn proudly on the chest. This mailed collaboration is very much in the same vein as the "Crosses Deeply" release with Telepherique. Clicks and cuts, repeated samples, controlled rhythmic dynamics, touches of noise frequencies, speeded up / slowed down tempos, distorted electronics, fucked up voices, cut and paste sounds and adventurous sound sculptures all make an appearance. Some very welcome. Some akin to a visit by the Jehovah’s Witnesses to your house. Over the fourteen tracks of "DNA Loops" there is a monolithic musical experience just waiting to be discovered. Taking a random letter from the dictionary…in this case ‘C’…the following sums up the music adequately: Confusing, childish, challenging, contradictory, convoluted, commendable, calamitous, changeable, coherent.

The upshot is that "DNA Loops" is very much an acquired taste. The sheer experimental nature of the recording can make for really heavy going. There were times when I groaned inwardly as the artists attempted to test my perseverance to the max as they played around manipulating the sounds before reassembling some form of balance to the recording. Intricate musical patterns mixing it up with dumb enthusiasm for intolerance ahoy. If you have a backbone made of sterner stuff then there’s plenty to love about "DNA Loops". Others may find it appealing as a Jehovah’s Witnesses pamphlet. Watchtower alert. Watchtower alert.

(Aural Pressure)

Confusing the issue of mutated electronics this stunning collaboration between Contagious Orgasm takes experimental electronic music to new levels : industrial monoliths and noisy electro lounge songs clash with raw sample based sound sculptures and fresh industrial rhythms. Presented in special cardboard packaging with sleeve design from Yasutoshi Yoshida

(Chain D.L.K)

Mail collaboration project between these two projects, though not being all that familiar with Zyrtax, so hard for me to say exactly what it is they’re bringing to the table here. Collagey, surreal, manipulated, moving sound sculptures. Sometimes hypnotic, sometimes grating, always fresh, always in motion, never boring. In colorful sleeve packaging.

(Malignant)

New "mail" collaboration for Contagious Orgasm, this time with Holland's noise act Zyrtax. At times dreamy in the vein of the best Contagious Orgasm releases, at time scorching and heavy, this new album is one of the most complex and changing I have heard from Contagious Orgam. Well produced, it fits well with the rest of this important act's discography, but still presents a new side of his art. Well done.

(Ad Noiseam)