Geert Lovink on Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:53:59 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] "Weaponization of the Media", the updated programme

Subject: "Weaponization of the Media", the updated programme
From: "Amsterdams Centrum voor Conflict Studies" <acs@fmg.uva.nl>
Date: Thu, January 25, 2007 15:23
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
----------------------------------------------------------------------- ---

Dear participants of the conference "Weaponization of the Media",

Thank you very much for registering for our conference. We are sending you
the updated programme (see the attachment).
The format of the conference will include four roundtables and, as
featured speakers, Cees Hamelink, Professor of International Communication
at the University of Amsterdam and Joris Luyendijk, author and the winner
of the Golden Pen, the Dutch prize for journalism. These are the
roundtable topics:
"Israel, Lebanon, and Palestine: Covering Conflict, Becoming Part of the
Conflict" (chair-Kees Brants)
"News Organizations as Political Actors: How Al Jazeera and Others Affect
International Relations" (chair- Philip Seib)
"News Media and the 'War on Terror': Defining Journalists' Role" (chair-
Raymond van den Boogaard)
"Journalists as Targets: The Changing Perception, from Embedded to
Combatants" (chair-Larry Pintak)
There will be considerable flexibility within each roundtable, as we hope
to present a wide-ranging discussion of the many facets of the conference
topic.

In order to make sure there is enough of place in each roundtable please
register in advance by responding to this message and providing the
following information:
Name:
Roundtable 1:
Roundtable 2:

We are looking forward to seeing you in February.

Kind regards,
Nel Ruigrok
Jeannette Mak
Philip Seib