Paul Devens on Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:07:23 +0200 (CEST)
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[Nettime-nl] Open Call, ctrl_alt_del
In 2007, ctrl_alt_del will be realized by NOMAD in corporation with
Istanbul Technical University â MIAM and Kadir Has University. The
base of the project will be Kadir Has University which is located on
Golden Horn. This year ctrl_alt_del will include Opening Concert,
Performance Series (live), Workshops, Panels, Presentations, Open
Call, Field Studies/Workshops, Exhibition, Radio Programmes,
Publication and CD release. The theme of ctrl_alt_del in 2007 will
be âremote orienteeringâ. As the first dedicated sound art
festival in Turkey, ctrl_alt_del enjoyed a great deal of
international publicity in 2003 and 2005. For the third ctrl_alt_del
to be held in September 2007, we are now looking for interesting,
provocative, subversive, experimental and sophisticated works. 5
pieces will be selected by the jury and will be presented during
Istanbul Technical University - MIAM (Pieter Snapper and Can Karadogan)
NOMAD (Emre Erkal, Erhan Muratoglu, Basak Senova)
The practice of âremote orienteeringâ suggests generating content
and schematics in our conduct. Equally applicable for radical means
of urban subversion, âremote orienteeringâ is the key process
which the entries of ctrl-alt-del should be directed.
The pieces are asked to be compliant with the following subjects in
order to create an intellectual climate of comprehension and discussion:
1. sounds for orientation, or sound as orientation.
2. distant sounds or sound in spatial contexts
3. sound and cultural subversion
1. Two audio CDâs (original and a copy) of only ONE piece is the
format of the submission. Piece will not be more than 4 minutes long.
Projects which rely on specific visual documentation can be submitted
on a DVD, but in any case clip should not be longer than 4 minutes.
2. The name of the participant and the name of the piece(s) should be
written on this CD with a permanent marker.
3. An A4 size page with name, address, e-mail and telephone number of
the participant, and the names of the piece will be submitted.
4. An optional, separate A4 size page with a description,
clarification or reflection could be submitted depending completely
on the desire of the participant. These optional documents will not
be used for evaluation, but they could be used in later stages.
The works should be at the below mailing address before the 29th of
Basak Senova PK 16 Suadiye 34741 Istanbul, Turkey
Selected works and their owners will be announced in August 2007 on
the NOMAD website:
All of the submitted material will be kept in NOMAD archive.
* Verspreid via nettime-nl. Commercieel gebruik niet
* toegestaan zonder toestemming. <nettime-nl> is een
* open en ongemodereerde mailinglist over net-kritiek.
* Meer info, archief & anderstalige edities:
* Contact: Menno Grootveld (email@example.com).