Geert Dekkers on Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:00:44 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] nznl.com digest, Dec 20, 2007 - Dec 26, 2007

nznl.com digest
Dec 20, 2007 - Dec 26, 2007
Posts  2027 - 2033

http://nznl.com
rss http://nznl.com/geert/nznl.xml
macosx only screensaver at http://graphics.nznl.org/nznl_com_screensaver.dmg (>95MB)

STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE weekly concatenation at http://graphics.nznl.org/2007-52.mov

2027. Dec 20, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (TRICKED)
flash movie

Bruce: "Mesmerized by the artist applying the paint. Deft gestures. The flick of the wrist. The wielding of the brush. The concurrent demarcations of the gesture on the surface. Tricked I was. Into thinking this was at all important."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071220&from=list

2028. Dec 21, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (RESENT)
flash movie

Narrator: "And then there was this artist, who just did a description of existing art-works. Reproduced these in texts. And these texts where projected in the empty gallery space. And the voice of a male narrator was heard. At first the voice of the narrator was clear, and loving. But after a while the tone changed. Became bitter, resentful. And jealous, of not being able to make these works himself."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071221&from=list

2029. Dec 22, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (WHO IS THE ONE THAT CALLS ITSELF ONE)
flash movie

Vicki: "I used to think of myself, my body, as a unity. But now, as I grow older, I cannot think of my body. As one. I cannot see myself whole. Cells live within, within, me, the one I call me, communicate, live in their lives within, together, a fragile ecosystem, itself a cell, within another. And I ask myself. What is dying within this system? Who is dying? Who is the one that calls itself one, dying?"

http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071222&from=list

2030. Dec 23, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (WHEN YOU ARE GONE)
flash movie

BRUCE: "I will walk out straight

look up
capture your shine

Cracked, with reddened cheek
I will rid myself of excess
thinner than I was I will remember you"
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071223&from=list

2031. Dec 24, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (ESTABLISHING SHOT)
flash movie

NARRATOR: "It is, by all measures, a magnificent place. Imported wooden floor, meticulously finished, highly polished. The walls so white, so white, absolutely clean. Exactly proportioned, the space is a work in itself. And the round table placed at one end: a perfect fit. A chair at the table, and on the chair, a woman in her early forties, a bright summer dress in floral print. Hair cut sharp, dyed jet black, eyes flash green emerald, lips painted bright red. She sits motionless. We can barely see her breathe."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071224&from=list

2032. Dec 25, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (DISTURBANCE)
flash movie

A high, cool, white room, where Vicki sits. White-faced. Motionless.

Bruce stands at a distance. He doesn't dare come any closer.

Or perhaps he is ordered not to.

We move in as Vicki speaks, to capture her whisper. Now we see just her lips, lips painted a brilliant vermillion, skin-down glowing in de backlight

VICKI: And as I watched, wide-eyed, unsurprised
bright green lizards crept out from within the cracks, seams and corners.

BRUCE: I stretch, (my fingers grow like green shoots under time-lapse)

But

where I reach, you turn
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071225&from=list

2033. Dec 26, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (WHEN IS IS ALL OVER)
flash movie

NARRATOR: "When it is all over, Bruce will squat at the edge of the pavement. He will blink and sweat in the heat of the morning sun, his head in his hands. Unthinking, he will watch the water ripple, and shine, in the gutter. He will sit like this for some time. After a while he will see small objects pass by: a matchbook from a backpackers hotel called Homer, and, tailing the matchbook like straggling ducklings, the torn cardboard matches, unstruck, their bright heads bleeding red. Only then will he realise that it had been raining, and the sound he had heard was thunder."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071226&from=list

Geert Dekkers--------------------------- http://nznl.com | http://nznl.org | http://nznl.net ---------------------------------------