Marc Chia on Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:39:37 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] 20/06/08 - "Not From Scratch" Piet Zwart Institute's first year show at V2, Rotterdam

Sorry For Cross-Posting!

Be part of a tv audience for the “Not From Scratch Show”

Starring:
Dennis de Bel
Marc Chia
Gottfried Haider
Timo Klok
Alexandre Leray
Leonie Urff
Stéphanie Vilayphiou
Sauli Warmenhoven
Serena Williams

Shoot: Friday,  June 20th  at 20.00 hrs
Rerun: Saturday, June 21th 13.00 – 18.00 hrs.
Studio V2_: Eendrachtsstraat 10, Rotterdam

For more information, go to http://not.fromscrat.ch

'Not From Scratch' is a project by first years Media Design students of the
Piet Zwart Institute tutored by JODI and presented in collaboration
with V2_Institute for the Unstable Media.
‘Not from scratch’ soothes your hactive, cutting edge, deconstructive
appetite for modifications of popular websites and other electronic
systems and media. Why work on own designed tools, when we can playfully
criticize pre-existing media of our own choice?

Critical and playful modifications of popular websites and other
electronic systems and media, instead of designing from scratch: this
exhibition shows the work results of a project lead by JODI at the Media
Design MA course of the Piet Zwart Institute, Willem de Kooning Academy
Hogeschool Rotterdam.

The exhibition space and infrastructure has been kindly provided by
V2_Institute for the Unstable Media.

http://www.v2.nl
http://www.jodi.org

The Piet Zwart Institute is a postgraduate studies and research
programme of the Willem de Kooning Academy Hogeschool Rotterdam. More
information on our educational and public activities can be found at
http://pzwart.wdka.hro.nl/.