evel on Tue, 18 Sep 2012 19:09:35 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] position opening: Media Outreach Coordinator and Editor with Corporate Europe Observatory

POSITION OPENING: MEDIA OUTREACH COORDINATOR AND EDITOR WITH
CORPORATE EUROPE OBSERVATORY

Corporate Europe Observatory (CEO) is looking for an experienced,
creative and dynamic media outreach coordinator and editor. The position
is based in Brussels, in our office in the Mundo-B building near the
Porte de Namur in Brussels. Starting date December 1st 2012 (a later
start date can be discussed).

Corporate Europe Observatory (CEO) is a research and campaign group
working to expose and challenge the privileged access and influence
enjoyed by corporations and their lobby groups in EU policy making. See
also: http://www.corporateeurope.org/ [1] KEY AREAS OF WORK
The main responsibilities include ensuring a steady flow of
high-quality CEO publications (from major research-based reports to
articles, blogs and comment pieces), securing a high profile for our
research and campaigns through the media, social media and other
outreach.

SPECIFIC TASKS
- providing writing and editing support for the CEO team
- assisting with the planning of research, writing and outreach for
publications
- writing press releases and public outreach materials
- updating and implementing our media strategy (and social media
strategy)?
- active media outreach activities (at EU and national level)
- maintaining our media database and extending our national-level media
contacts
- pitching stories and opinion pieces to media
- improving CEO's use of the web and social media tools
- coordinating the production of animations, video clips, infographics
and other outreach materials
- taking part in general CEO team processes (regular meetings,
planning, etc)
Essential requirements

- two or more years of successful experience in writing and editing
(research-based) publications
- experience with writing press releases, organising press events, etc.

- excellent writing and editing skills (native English or comparable)
- good presentation skills
- experience with maintaining good media relations
- strategic thinking and planning ability
- ability to work closely with others in a team, in an often
high-pressured environment
- ability to manage own workload without close supervision
- excellent computer skills
- knowledge of other languages (French or German) is an advantage
- a strong affinity with CEO, as well as with the global justice
movement and progressive citizens movements in general

WE OFFER

32 hours per week. The gross salary is between 2080 and 2580 per month
(depending on experience).

If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV
and a covering letter to ceo@corporateeurope.org [2] by midnight October
10th 2012. Your letter should highlight how your skills and experience
are well-suited to the requirements of this position. Short-listed
candidates will be contacted by Monday October 15th 2012 (only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted). We are looking forward to
your application. Read more about CEO's work at :
http://www.corporateeurope.org/ [3]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.corporateeurope.org/