Lukie Stalenhoef on Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:30:18 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] Designers & Artists 4 Genomics Award Ceremony and Do It Together Bio #2

Award Ceremony Designers & Artists 4 Genomics

The 3rd edition of the bio-art award Designers & Artists 4 Genomics is up and running. On Thursday December 6th, the 13 finalists present their proposal. The jury exists of Hans Clevers (KNAW), Geert Verbeke (Verbeke Foundation), Karen Verschooren (Z33), Paul Voogt (Naturalis Biodiversity Centre) and Hub Zwart (CSG).
Find out who the winners will be on December 6th. We look forward to an exciting final with a lot of provoking proposals, ranging from the visual qualities of magnetic bacteria to chapels of bones of mutated fish and many others!
Sign up: http://bit.ly/RwSgAD

Do It Together Bio #2 in our Open Wetlab

The Open PCR works perfectly! But during the last gathering we failed to visualize DNA in the gel because of corroding connectors. Read more about this in Lucas Evers' blog. Hence we have to do it together again. This time with salt, eyeglass, detergent and vodka!
Join us on Wednesday December 19, with a presentation of artist Haseeb Ahmed.
Sign up: http://bit.ly/Sw2XE2

lukie stalenhoef
communications
waag society