Jappe Groenendijk on Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:03:48 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] Doek @ OT w Ray Brassier and Jean-Luc Guionnet

Sunday 30-06-2013
Ray Brassier, Jean-Luc Guionnet; Doek @ OT
Where: OT 301, Overtoom 301, Amsterdam
Doors open: 20.00 hrs
Starts: 20:30 hrs
Entrance: free

dOeK, a collective of improvising musicians based in Amsterdam, invites philosopher Ray Brassier to give a lecture on a topic of his choice. Afterwards, the French saxophonist, improviser, composer, theoretician Jean-Luc Guionnet will play a solo set. Not only is Jean-Luc one of the most interesting saxophonists in improvised music, he has also performed with Ray Brassier, so we thought it was a great pairing for the evening.

Ray Brassier is the author of Nihil Unbound: Enlightenment and Extinction. “[a] powerfully original work which determinedly sets in motion profound and searching questions about philosophy in its relation to the universe described by scientific thought, and to human ends [...] Forcibly disabusing use of the assumption that we have somehow dealt with the problem of nihilism, this book reawakens, and even intensifies the troubling, disruptive power for thought that it once heralded.”
Robin Mackay

www.jeanlucguionnet.eu/
www.doek.org
www.ot301.nl