Douwe Schmidt on Mon, 13 Jan 2014 12:01:42 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] Invitation to the next TA3M in Amsterdam on Monday January 20

You are invited to join the first Techno-Activism Third Mondays (TA3M) of 2014! TA3M is an informal meetup for techno-activists, hacktivists and anyone interested in free and open technology. The event takes place in different cities around the globe every third Monday of the month

Following the great example of Durham, this month is all about 30C3.

Speakers will point out their highlights of the Hacker conference and you are gladly invited to share yours. If you missed some (or all) of the talks, check the links below in the text and the nice compilation made by Tech the Future

This months Location: Bits of Freedom Office

RSVP

Time: Monday January 20 from 19:00 'till 22:00

Program:

Latest circumvention and censorship news with Tom Keunen of Protektor Services
30C3 Decompress, reliving some of the highlights of the congress and discussing their relevance.
Jurre van Bergen on Hardening hardware and choosing a #goodBIOS -(Might have an demo).
Ton Siedsma of Bits of Freedom will discuss Christopher Soghoian talk on Backdoors, Government Hacking and The Next Crypto Wars
Fieke Jansen of Hivos on 'To protect and infect part 2; the militarization of the internet. Why should we care'
Rob van der Wouw of Eureka Unlimited went on a mission when visiting 30C3 to find answers how to get into a post-Orwellian era. Did he get them?
Rob will also discuss his idea of 'proxy-shopping' - „When we go shopping today, we do it many, many times online. We have to submit lots of personal details to webshops and leave countless digital trails of our shopping habits.
We hope you will join us at TA3M Amsterdam or one of the other TA3M events!

Subscribe to the Mailinglist

Visit the local website at TA3M.nl

——
An nice list of talks worth watching:

TALK: Opening Event
SPEAKER: Tim Pritlove
TOPIC: Welcome, and a call to reinvent the Net
VIDEO: http://ftp.ccc.de/congress/2013/webm/30c3-5605-en-Opening_Event_webm.webm

TALK: Keynote
SPEAKER: Glenn Greenwald
TOPIC: His experience with Snowden leaks and current status
VIDEO: http://ftp.ccc.de/congress/2013/mp4-lq/30c3-5622-en-de-30c3_Keynote_h264-iprod.mp4

TALK: The Tor Network -- We're living in interesting times
SPEAKERS: Jacob Appelbaum & Roger Dingledine
TOPIC: Contemporary Tor Network issues related to censorship, security, privacy and anonymity online
VIDEO: http://ftp.ccc.de/congress/2013/mp4-lq/30c3-5423-en-The_Tor_Network_h264-iprod.mp4

TALK: The Internet (Doesn't) Need Another Security Guide -- Creating Internet Privacy and Security Resources That Don't Suck
SPEAKER: Eva Galprin from the EFF
TOPIC: Overview of available online security guides and resources
VIDEO: http://ftp.ccc.de/congress/2013/mp4-lq/30c3-5538-en-The_Internet_Doesn_t_Need_Another_Security_Guide_h264-iprod.mp4

TALK: Sysadmins of the world, unite!
SPEAKERS: Julian Assange, Sarah Harrison, and Jacob Appelbaum
TOPIC: Call for sys admins to become whistle blowers
VIDEO: http://ftp.ccc.de/congress/2013/mp4-lq/30c3-5397-en-Sysadmins_of_the_world_unite__h264-iprod.mp4

TALK: Through a PRISM, Darkly -- Everything we know about NSA spying
SPEAKER: EFF attorney Kurt Opsahl
TOPIC: Overview of what's known about NSA programs, and laws and regulations the U.S. government asserts allows the NSA to spy on you
VIDEO: http://ftp.ccc.de/congress/2013/mp4-lq/30c3-5255-en-de-Through_a_PRISM_Darkly_h264-iprod.mp4

TALK: To Protect And Infect, Part 2 -- The militarization of the Internet
SPEAKER: Jacob Appelbaum
TOPIC: Presentation based on the recent Der Spiegel articles on NSA spying
VIDEO: http://ftp.ccc.de/congress/2013/mp4-lq/30c3-5713-en-de-To_Protect_And_Infect_Part_2_h264-iprod.mp4

TALK: Concepts for global TSCM -- getting out of surveillance state mode
SPEAKER: Andy Müller-Maguhn
TOPIC: Summarizes the big picture on global surveillance and asks what we can do about it
VIDEO: http://ftp.ccc.de/congress/2013/mp4-lq/30c3-5495-en-Concepts_for_global_TSCM_h264-iprod.mp4