Douwe Schmidt on Tue, 13 May 2014 16:38:57 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] TA3M May - Coming monday @ Rietveld

You are invited to join Techno-Activism Third Mondays. TA3M is an informal meetup for techno-activists, hacktivists and anyone interested in free and open technology. The event takes place in different cities around the globe every third Monday of the month

Location: De Rietveld Academy, Fred. Roeskestraat 96, Amsterdam
Room #104. (1st floor of main building to the left from staircase)

Time: Monday May 19 from 19:30 'till 23:30

Program:

- “Burgers tegen Plasterk” - Vincent Böhre (Privacy First Foundation) - The case of Privacy First and others versus the Dutch Minister of the Interior (“Burgers tegen Plasterk”) regarding the illegal surveillance and international exchange of data about Dutch citizens by foreign secret services such as the NSA.

- “{Library,Pirate,Whatever}Box Story” - Rad0 (Browser Based from the Rietveld Academy) - Searching for a platform for independent content sharing. There are tools readily available for creating platforms for independent (censorship-free) content sharing. Rad0 uses them to show browser-based artworks in any place, teasing a bit the established art and educational institutions and pushing one's own limits at the same time. Rad0 will show some other real-life examples and muse about the future of these platforms.

- “Privacy by Design and IRMA” - Jaap-Henk Hoepman (Professor at Radboud University & Scientific director at Privacy & Identity Lab) I will talk about privacy by design in general, and IRMA (I Reveal My Attributes) in particular. (h)

- Your lightning talk

TA3M is explicitly informal and open. Meaning that you are invited to hack the process, ask questions, and be critical. You are very welcome to join in if you have something you want to share or discuss.

We invite a diverse crowd from different communities developing or using technology for change. This months edition will be held at The Gerrit Rietveld Academy. TA3M is an initiative of OpenITP in New York. The TA3M in Amsterdam is organized by Greenhost.

We hope you will join us at TA3M Amsterdam or one of the other TA3M events!