Frank-Jan van Lunteren | SETUP on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 09:43:41 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] Call for artists - BYOB Eyes Everywhere - Sep 26

CALL-FOR-ARTISTS

Bring Your Own Beamer – Sep 26th 2014, Utrecht
Eyes Everywhere edition

____

Utrecht — During The Netherlands Film Festival in September, a new edition
of Bring Your Own Beamer will take place. On the evening of Friday the 26th
of September, the recently opened TivoliVredenburg will transform into an
empty canvas where all sorts of artists and creative minds can exhibit their
work.

Bring Your Own Beamer is an internationally recognized recipe for a
fantastic evening filled with visual surprises. It is founded by artist
Rafaël Rozendaal, who organized the first edition with Anne de Vries in
Berlin. On the 26th of September 2014 over 75 artists and makers will beam
their artwork on walls, windows and escalators in the new music temple,
accompanied by sound and interactive installations.

JOIN

Do you have work that you'd like to exhibit? You're free to choose whatever
work it is you want to present. Video, Animation, DIY, Motion-control, Data,
Projection Mapping, Interaction or an undefined experiment: all are welcome,
professional or beginner. Bring your own beamer and project your work on
whatever surface you like. Sign up now and mark the 26th of September on
your calendar! We're excited to welcome you at BYOB - Eyes Everywhere!

SETUP's annual theme is 'Sousveillance', based on the global surveillance
disclosures. Not just the NSA plays part: we explore our current society in
which we all track, trace, follow and spy on each other using new
technologies. BYOB entries that relate to these matters are greatly
appreciated (but not obligatory in any sense).

Sign up as an artist:
http://event.setup.nl/byob2014/
Join as a visitor:
http://www.facebook.com/events/323835694459125/

____

'BYOB - Eyes Everywhere' is organised by medialab SETUP & Het Nederlands
Film Festival and supported by TivoliVredenburg, Vlaams Cultuurhuis De
Brakke Grond, Liefhebber Design, Stimuleringsfonds Creatieve Industrie and KF Hein Fonds.