Douwe Schmidt on Tue, 11 Nov 2014 14:49:54 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] TA3M Amsterdam @ Spinhuis 17 nov.

TA3M will be at the University of Amsterdam this month, or at least at the part of the university that has been squatted by the students to keep it a public common room.

Techno-Activism Third Mondays (TA3M) is an informal meetup designed to connect software creators and activists who are interested in censorship, surveillance, and open technology.

This months location: Spinhuis, Oudezijds Achterburgwal 185 Amsterdam

Time: 20:00 - 23:00, Monday 17 november

Program:

	• The Smell of Data -  is a project by Froukje Tan (filmmaker) and Leanne Wijnsma (experience designer) to stimulate online freedom and privacy.
Our sense of smell has helped us to survive ab initio; we used it to trace our prey and it warned us in case of danger. But since our hunting and gathering has moved to the digital environment, our noses can’t warn us anymore. To raise awareness for the lurking dangers of the online wilderness we are developing The Smell of Data: a new smell that should be able to warn internet-users in case of a data leak.

	• we.laglab.org by mpthx. ]We( offers a bundle of services, managed by a tiny group of people and based on principals of freedom, privacy, decentralisation and federation. Our aim is to provide open source alternatives to corporate solutions and give users freedom and choice between service providers. We also hope we will inspire other groups of techy people out there to follow our path and open up their services to the public.

	• Diaspora Meetup - Let's talk about the pro's and cons of these slowly growing alternative social network
TA3M is explicitly informal and open. Meaning that you are invited to hack the process, ask questions, and be critical. You are very welcome to join in if you have something you want to share or discuss.

We invite a diverse crowd from different communities developing or using technology for change. This months edition will be held at the Spinhuis. TA3M is an initiative of OpenITP in New York. The TA3M in Amsterdam is organized by Greenhost.

We hope you will join us at TA3M Amsterdam or one of the other TA3M events!