theo ploeg on Mon, 27 May 2019 20:15:18 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] Opening Speculative Futures Amsterdam

Hi all,

Together with Mick Jongeling (Digital Society School) I co-founded Speculative Futures Amsterdam, the local Amsterdam-based community of the international Speculative Futures platform.

Speculative Futures is an international community of meetups focused on speculative and critical design, design fiction, futurism and strategy and foresight.

Speculative Futures Amsterdam aims at exploring speculative and discursive design in order to find ways to integrate it into the more common design process. We’ll organize lectures, workshop, research and a lot more to do so.

In two days we will officially open our endeavor at the Studio HvA. Wednesday, Mai 29th at 6pm/18u, to be exact.

Mick and I will kick off with an introduction. Fictional design studio Imagination of Things will talk about their practice. Afterwards there is time for drinks and discussions.

Interested? Sign up. Or become a member of our Meetup group:
https://www.meetup.com/nl-NL/Speculative-Futures-Amsterdam/events/260911855/

Hope to meet you in two days.

best,
Theo Ploeg

dedicated neo accelerationist
www.theoploeg.net
--
skype theo.ploeg
++31 6 24994955

“I’ve seen the future and I’ve left it behind.” Black Sabbath (1972)