famous names on Tue, 1 May 2001 21:29:08 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] VERSION

VERSION
project still in progress by Nicu Baciu-Mircea
Cantor-Ciprian Muresan-Gabi Vanga

This is a project for a publication, a kind of
newspaper about art and
artist, young critics, philosophers, curators,
underground zones, music,
public shows, DJ, useful information and maybe advice,
Inserts, publicity,
in fact it is a link between spaces, generations,
influences, styles.

This version wants to promote young people, young
creators-young people
featuring young people. We understand differently our
generation because we
are a part of it and we try to offer a view from the
inside. The problems to
discuss: about strategy, rules, and politics useful in
the art field, about
the importance of theofficial and alternative
institutions when we talkabout
the career of a young artist, about
structure,orientation, big or small
shows, big or smallcurators, about possibilities of
promotion ,but also
aboutunderground("Unlike during the 1960s, an
artisttoday no longer needs to
emigrate to become international."( Manifesta 2) and
still, the emigration
is a real problem, the context in which you live, and
the way  this matter
can affect you, your integrity, creation, human
relationships, the lack of
money, many projects without having a chance to be
realised, questions about
how free we are and so on…. You must be a survivor to
resist throughout this
situation, to never give up. We decided to start this
project in order to
create a space for debates-all the aspects and
problems of our context.
1. INSERT -pages dedicated to a young artist,
accompanied by texts, personal
projects, reviews, photographs, interviews, maybe just
a project of the
artist, personal intervention, it is a long list
because each issue will
present a different artist.
2. RELATIONS-a documentary about the relation between
institutions and
artist, the importance of the official institutions
and the necessity of
alternative institution as well, the try of making a
comparison between
Romania (EAST, in general ) and WEST,talks about
borders and politics.
3. ART-MARKET-a study on the relation
artist-public-work and art-buyer. Who
buys contemporary art? Who is the public? Can we talk
about a market for
contemporary art in the EAST Europe or is just
fiction?Does it have(this
market) a real importance in the development and
suvival of the contemporary
art? For this subject we will make a documentation
about the persons who buy
this kind of art, about the existence of the art
market, and where we can
find an
art market, about the information arrived at the
audience and how
contemporary art is understood from outside (ordinary
people).
4. ART IN PUBLIC SPACES- documentary about relation
between art and public
spaces , interventions, graffiti, pulling down,
contemporary sculpture ,
architecture , enviromental art.

We want with this publication to create a link among
artists, to find out
more about young artists, to know details about what
our generation think,
do, feel, no matter the geographical zone, social If
you think you are
really interested in one of these subjects and you
want to collaborate with
us, please send us an e-mail. We want to print in 1000
copy this publication
and now we try to make a list, to gather lots of
addressees by post, because
our wish for this publication is to send it directly
to the person who is
interested, and not to be sold. It is a matter of
strategy in the same
time;to get finance for this project we must
demonstrate that we have a list
with persons who want to receive this publication.

This is an open list in which anybody can add
proposals. In fact we send you
this text of our project especially to create a
connection, to hear
different points of view, to find collaborators. If
you know somebody,eg-a
young artist, who is interested in this kind of
collaboration,give him or
her our address and also if you wish to receive our
publication, write us
your address.

Thank you,
Gabriela Vanga, Ciprian Muresan, Mircea Cantor,Nicolae
Baciu

Contact:
no_projects@yahoo.com