Alexandru Patatics on Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:24:20 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] FW: [spectre] backup_festival. new media in film, Bauhaus, Weimar - deadline approaching

-----Original Message-----
From: spectre-admin@mikrolisten.de
[mailto:spectre-admin@mikrolisten.de]On Behalf Of Benjamin Fischer
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 5:05 PM
To: betacity _list; artfax _list; spectre _list
Subject: [spectre] backup_festival. new media in film, Bauhaus, Weimar -
deadline approaching

    +++ONLY 10 DAYS LEFT: CALL FOR ENTRIES+++
   +++DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS JULY 31st 2002+++
   +++PLEASE FORWARD THIS MAIL+++
   +++THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!+++

   backup_festival. new media in film

   backup is an international festival for film and video productions
   developed
   using digital tools and a stock-taking within the realm of 'new media'.

   backup began in the European Cultural Capital Year 1999. with its 2001
   edition, backup has reached a level that secures it a respectable place
   among the European festivals. last year we received over 500 entries from
   24
   countries for the international competition. there was an fruitful
   cooperation with media businesses, and likewise joint events with other
   German and European universities besides Weimar's Bauhaus University.

   the deadline for entries is July 31, 2002.
   the date of our festival in 2002: November 07-10

   additionally, all of the above is available online.
   you can register with this form on our website
    http://www.backup-festival.com
   until
   July 31.

   the call for entries

   this year there are three interesting sections:

   for the international backup.award we are at first interested in shorts
   which are no longer than 15 minutes.
   we are interested in film and video productions developed using digital
   means. (shorts, music video, experimental, trailer and so on)

   we also have the backup.clipaward for music video, but it is a national
   award. backup defines the videoclip as a creative playground for
   audiovisual
   and intermedial experiments in the realm of new media.

   and this year we have an international call for entries for the
   backup.lounge|lab. there we will create a workspace: installation artists
   and performers, architects and product designers, musicians and
   radio-makers, film-makers and actors, net-artists and coders and other
   artists will interact - a dynamic network of international creators from
   differing areas of art.

   contact

   for general information on backup and for online submission, please visit
   our website at:
   http://www.backup-festival.com

   if you would like to learn more about backup's concept and program,
please

   send an e-mail to our program team at:
   programm@backup-festival.de

   in case you require information on how to submit an entry to the
   international backup.award, the national backup.clipaward or the
   international backup.lounge|lab or become part of backup please address
   to:
   award@backup-festival.de (marc olff, dirk heinje);
   clipaward@backup-festival.de (richard anjou, marc olff);
   loungelab@backup-festival.de (felix sattler, carina linge, alexander