Oana Mateescu on Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:51:03 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-ro] Cautare de parteneri

Stimati co-listeni:

Va rugam pe toti cei interesati de initiativa de mai jos, sa o contactati
direct pe coordonatoare, Katya Tripp, la adresa katyaivana@hotmail.com

Mult succes,

Oana MATEESCU
PR Manager
CONCEPT Foundation
Address: 44, Regina Elisabeta Bv., entrance A, flat nr. 34
5th District, code 706071, Bucharest, ROMANIA
Tel. +40-21-311 12 52 / +40-21-313 24 08, Fax +40-21-311 12 53
general email: info@concept.ro; web address: www.concept.ro

hello

thank you for your response.

We are an artist team working on public art pieces. My collaborator, Brian
Borrello makes work that uses sustainable resources like solar panels and
designs pieces that are planned to work within the community  and
according
to their interests and existing resources.
I am a video artist and together we have been designing a piece in which a
persons breathing pattern is connected to a sensor that affects the video
projection, the pace changing in sync with the breathing. The video piece
is
very sensual and abstract communicating a feeling of fluidity . We are
interested in making work that speaks to elements that are common to
the human condition and not to one culture.
We are applying for a grant that supports artists who want to do work in
eastern europe so we are searching around to see if we can find a place in
which the work we do would be compatible and through which we can connect
with people who are working in a similar manner.

i dont know if this is enough information. Unfortunately Brian's website
is
down right  now and mine is still being built so the only way I can
describe
this is verbally although we can always mail somehting.

If you have any referrrals to any galleries, art centers, residency
programs
or anything you think would be useful . I really dont have any idea about
what might be going on in Romania and I am hoping by this direct
communication I can get mmore of an idea.

thank you very much, katya