vladimir bulat on Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:26:53 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-ro] The Impakt Festival 2004 is the fifteenth edition of the festival.To celebrate its fifteenth anniversary, we have organised an extralarge program with many international guests. In numerous filmscreenings, presentations and concerts, works will be shown byartists from all over the world. The Impakt Festival 2004 takesplace in various locations in the city of Utrecht, but its mainlocation is Theater Kikker. Here you can find the festival centre,you can attend the artists presentations of their projects, you caneat in the festival restaurant and in the evening you can go andlisten to the concerts. The film programs of the festival can beviewed at Filmtheater t Hoogt. From twelve oclock till midnight youcan enjoy a great variety of music videos, art films,documentaries, animations and games. In case you missed a program,the damage can be undone in the media centre of Ubica. There youcan watch individual films and videos from the festival. Last butnot lea!city of Utrecht. Flatland Gallery, Expodium, Casco and the Academiegaleriecollectively present the exhibition Flowers in the Dustbin, compiled byClare Manchester.

http://www.impakt.nl/program/index.html

[...]
the festival. Last but not least, the exhibition of the festival is located
in various galleries in the city of Utrecht. Flatland Gallery, Expodium,
Casco and the Academiegalerie collectively present the exhibition Flowers
in the Dustbin, compiled by Clare Manchester.
In celebration of its fifteenth anniversary, Impakt has decided to
introduce an award this year. An international jury will assess all new
films shown at the Impakt Festival and will award the three most remarkable
productions.
In comparison to previous editions of the festival, documentaries are
exceptionally well represented this year. This is only partly due to the
increased popularity of this style among many artists in recent years.
Especially with respect to Cultural Autopsy, we have chosen deliberately to
embed the program in a selection of important documentaries concerning the
theme of mutual influencing among cultures. Cultural Autopsy offers a view
of our society from the perspective of the outsider and shows how the West
has dealt with foreign cultures through the years.
We wish you much enjoyment during the fifteenth Impakt Festival and hope
you will notice afterwards that your view of our world has attained a
slightly different shading.

On behalf of all at Impakt,

Arjon Dunnewind,
Festival director