Mr. Horea Avram on Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:34:57 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-ro] Call for submissions - Artist in Residence, The Netherlands Media Art Institute

Artist in Residence [AiR] 2007 Open call for submissions

Deadline: January 2, 2007

Residency period 3 months
Dates from March 2007
Location Amsterdam, Netherlands

The Netherlands Media Art Institute is pleased to announce an open call for
the Spring 2007 round of its Artist in Residence (AiR) program.

The AiR programme at the Netherlands Media Art Institute aims to support the
exploration and development of new work in digital/interactive/network media
and technology based arts practice. The residency provides time and
resources to artists in a supportive environment to facilitate the creation
of new work that is produced from an open source perspective. We encourage a
cross disciplinary and experimental approach. This is a practice based
residency designed to enable the development and completion of a new work.

Our focus for this open call is on open source interactive installation art,
in which the following occurs: - interaction between tools and/or software -
interaction between tools and artwork - interaction between audience and
artwork

The Netherlands Media Art Institute offers an open environment with
technical assistance and an active advisory board which will give feedback
and support in technical, conceptual and presentation issues. There is
access to studio and exhibition equipment, technical support from the
Institutes staff and production help from interns. The technical staff is
specialized and has good contacts with programmers of the following
software, a.o.: PD/PDP, Blender, Dynebolic, Linux. We expect the artist to
have knowledge and insight in the technical realization of the concept.

It is integral to the mission of the AiR program that artists participate in
presenting their work in a public form appropriate to their project. This
can include gallery installations, demonstrations of research in progress,
panel discussions, on-line projects, or multimedia performances, in addition
to open studio events and workshops. For this reason we ask that artists
include in their proposal possible examples of how they might like to
present their work publicly.

At this moment the Netherlands Media Art Institute provides in travel costs.
It doesnt provide accommodation for artists living outside of Amsterdam.
However, we are willing to help the search but cannot guarantee a place for
living.

Application using the application form can be send to: Netherlands Media Art
Institute Artist in Residence c/o Annet Dekker Keizersgracht 264 1016 EV
Amsterdam the Netherlands

For more information about past residents and their projects, see our
website at Research www.montevideo.nl

Application Form can be found on our website www.montevideo.nl // Research
/// AiR

Netherlands Media Art Institute