0f0003 | maschinenkunst on Tue, 2 Jan 2007 16:30:31 +0100 (CET)

re: [Nettime-ro] de citit in 22

>Subject:       re: [Nettime-ro] de citit in 22
>From:          artcontemporain@fido.ca
>

>TOI t'es le grand nul, n'est pas?
>
>tsigane de ROU ( sous-titrage des journaux autour du monde)
>
>vas te foutre! pas toi mschinenkunst \\ ...

if that is art this cow is food

>NOUVEL AN 2022 communication_____________________________________

art is the most advanced form reality.
capitalism is the most advanced form ov komunism.

"it is no longer the presence of god but
the absence of god which reassures man [TM]" - man aka the creator of gods
[women make real children so ...

US body backs sale of cloned food

A series of studies have said cloned meat is safe to eat

Meat and milk from cloned animals is safe for human consumption, the US
food regulator said in a draft ruling.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ruled that cloned cattle, pigs and
goats produced food "as safe as the food we eat every day".

The recommendation, coming after a five-year study, is a major step towards
allowing food from animals onto US supermarket shelves.

A public consultation period will take place before final approval is given.

Opponents say a majority of US consumers are against animal cloning.

 No unique risks for human food consumption were identified in cattle,
swine or goat clones

US Food and Drug Administration

The FDA study examined meat and milk products from cattle, pigs and goats,
but not sheep.

It concluded that the cloned animals produced food products virtually
indistinguishable from more traditional offerings.

The agency suggested that the results meant it would be unlikely to
recommend placing special labels on food from cloned animals.

A final decision on labelling would not be taken until the end of the
public consultation period due to begin soon, an FDA official said.

'Bad decision'

Cloned animals are exact genetic replicas of a donor animal.

A sheep, Dolly, was the first animal successfully cloned, in 1996.

"No unique risks for human food consumption were identified in cattle,
swine or goat clones," the FDA said.

It recommended no special safeguards on food produced from cloned animals.

But consumer groups were less keen on the ruling, which could see the US
become the first country to allow cloned food products into the food
supply.

Carol Foreman, of the Consumer Federation of America, described the ruling
as potentially "a very bad decision".

"We are urging people to write to the FDA, to members of Congress, to urge
them to tell the FDA to back off," she told the AFP news agency.

Another group, the International Dairy Food Association, appeared cautious.
"Animal cloning is a relatively new technology, and it's important that we
have a thorough, deliberative dialogue," the group said in a statement.

Previous scientific studies have come to conclusions similar to those of
the FDA.