Fundatia Culturala Meta on Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:57:53 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] LIFE - international autumn camp

*LIFE *  >>>> 7th September – 7th October 2007 // international autumn camp

A project by Markus Shimizu and Iuliana Varodi

*::: www.oiyakaha.org ::: www.morisena.org :::*

* *

Everyday, every moment, we are surrounded by friends and good things in
abundance. Life is a table full of everything we want and need. Life is
lush! *LIFE* aims at expressing the fortune we have being alive and raising
awareness about the opportunities and riches available around us.
*LIFE*offers the space to refine and come to one's senses again, to be
aware of
the beauty around and within us.

*m o r i s e n a * in collaboration with *Oiyakaha*, opens applications to *
LIFE*, our international autumn camp in Romania. We invite artists,
musicians, writers and those who are interested to explore the art of
living. As a collective, we will address issues of health, food,
sustainability and ecology while living as a community. During this period
we will reflect on basic aspects of life such as: What do we need to be
fulfilled, healthy and full of energy? How do these goals relate to our
direct environment? To explore these questions we can meditate, practice
yoga or talk about health related issues and body care. We can take walks in
the nearby forest and on the river valley and discuss present ecological
challenges and their possible solutions. Furthermore, we would like to
investigate how art can assist in reaching self-sustainability /
self-sufficiency, as an art-center or an individual. As a practical exercise
we will partake in activities like farming and gardening or harvesting our
own vegetables and fruits. Moreover as part of the interaction with local
community, we think of interventions in the public space, land-art,
round-table discussions or approaching local NGO's and public institutions
for future collaborations. Besides this, an element of our culinary
activities could be recipes exchanges including joint cooking sessions with
the neighbors. As a dynamic group, we will have the flexibility to decide
things on the go and are open to good suggestions.

*m o r i s e n a*  provides lodging during the project. The conditions are
quite basic, and together we'll make sure the place will be clean and cosy.
There will be home made wine, and some delicious home made jams and more,
all own production with fruits and veggies coming mainly from our own (and
the neighbours) biologic gardens. Participants are invited to bring
something specific from their own country to be shared in the residency
after-party.

We will manage the budget as a group and try to keep things simple, low cost
and transparent for all. To cover the daily expenses, thus far we estimate
the costs to be 5 euros / person a day which we each have to cover
ourselves.

For subsidies: www.eurocult.org, www.on-the-move.org, or www.transartis.nl

For* applications*, please send a CV, a motivation letter and a portfolio if
possible to iulianavarodi@gmail.com and  markusshimizu@web.de

*m **o r i s e n a** ** * offers a space for international collaborative art
projects, seminars on ecology, sustainability, contemporary art related
issues, summer camps and at times a dorm for backpackers::::::::::::::

::::: www.morisena.org :::::: Sangeorgiu de Mures :::::: Str Principala nr
940 ::::::: Romania :::::

:::::::::: + 40 265 319 771  :::::::::

--
Fundatia Culturala Meta
Str. Sfintii Apostoli nr. 37A, sector 5, Bucuresti