andra vaida on Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:16:09 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-ro] International project: Paeckchen für Kirgistan / Post for Kyrgyzstan

Päckchen für Kirgistan / Post for Kyrgyzstan
(info from the website http://www.paeckchen.org)

How does one bring international art into a country which does not have the financial means required for the organisation of an international exhibition? The endless search for sponsors seemed to us to be tedious and unprofitable. We therefore decided to call on artists to send their work in a parcel or letter. With this action we want to draw attention to a country which is widely unknown, while at the same time enriching local cultural activity. There is great interest in international art, but few offers, and for the majority of the Kirghiz people travelling is still unaffordable.

Our intention is to give people an understanding of contemporary art, and also to show that art does not necessarily depend on expensive material and immense effort. We are looking forward to all the "parcels" and hope for lively participation.

The theme of the exhibition is »Utopia of Space«. The entry deadline is 15th February 2008 (postmark) Shipping parcels from Europe to Kyrgyzstan usually takes approximately four weeks). Please send to:

  re: Päckchen für Kirgistan / Post for Kyrgyzstan
 Kyrgyz National Museum of Fine Arts
 Yusup Abdrakhmanov str. 196
 720000 Bishkek
 Kyrgyz Republik

 We would like to point out, that all pieces of work will be displayed in the exhibition in the Kyrgyz National Museum of Fine Arts. The exhibition will be opened on 29 March 2008. All parcels or letters, including contents, as installation or object, will be displayed according to the instructions of the artists. Furthermore all works of art will be published on our website including a brief introduction of the artist. All works ill be transported to Berlin by a forwarding agency.

  The following measures are being planned:

  Furthermore there will be an exhibition of selected works in Berlin. Judges and location will be announced.

  What will happen with the pieces of work in Berlin?

 Artists who would like to have their pieces of art sent back, please enclose return postage. We are planning to continue this project and to send the works to other cities. We will decide this after a successful exhibition All artists involved will be informed and asked for permission. We also plan to make a catalogue.

  We ask all artists to fill in the application form below and to send it to us via e-mail. As a special service all senders will regularly receive a newsletter. We also ask the participants to fill in and sign the declaration of consent and enclose it in the parcel or letter.

 Please find out about the postal expenses in your country and make sure that the contents of your parcel is well protected to avoid damage during the transport.

--

Mobil D: +49-(0)1577-1561101
andrada.vaida@moe-kulturmanager.de