stefan rusu on Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:00:44 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] Fwd: Impakt Festival 2011: A First Disclosure

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Impakt <info@impakt.nl>
Date: Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Subject: Impakt Festival 2011: A First Disclosure
To: Stefan Rusu <suhebator@gmail.com>

        IMPAKT FESTIVAL 2011:* A FIRST DISCLOSURE**
*
* *

         [image: IMPAKT
FESTIVAL]<http://www.impakt.nl/index.php/festival/introduction>

IMPAKT FESTIVAL 2011
*THE RIGHT TO KNOW
*
 *2 - 6 november, Utrecht, The Netherlands*
*
We live in an information-society, in which data becomes a commodity and is
increasingly stored and spread. But how much do we really need (and want) to
know? And what may others know about us?

Welcome to the 2011 Impakt Festival. You can look forward to five days full
of inspiring talks, art, film and music concerning the theme “The Right to
Know”.  *

*TALKS*
In *Trouble Ahead: The Struggle for Secrecy and Transparacy*, a conference
organized in collaboration with Utrecht University, the double face of
social media and information technology will be examined. How free are we as
users of these platforms, and who profits from the statistics gathered from
our surf patterns?

Curator Stephen Kovats (transmediale 2008-2011, McLuhan in Europe) organizes
the summit *Getting Rough With Media*, wherein speakers and performers show
how the internet can act as an arena for political action; covering romantic
hacktivism, lost innocence and a new momentum.

*Festival Fellow* Mercedes Bunz (Editor/researcher The Guardian and the
German publication De-Bug) surprises with new insights on digital truth, the
nature of the online digital community and the socio-political implication
of digitalization.

 *IMPAKT ONLINE*
In the online exhibition *The Right to Know (and Copy)* artists will explore
the limits of openness within digital media, including a website from Dagan
Cohen (Upload Cinema) that maps the geography of banned videos. Join artists
such as Linda Hilfling and Metahaven in the debate *The Right to Database*,
concerning issues of art and the database.
*http://www.impakt.nl/online/*

 *EXHIBITION: THE RIGHT TO KNOW FREE STATE*
This year's exhibition will be a temporary autonomous zone containing
spin-offs from different projects from the Festival program, including
the *History
is Yours T-Shirt Print Shop *and the *Hack a Day Display, *as well as
installations and work from the *WE-tube-o-theek *and the *Banned
Videos*program.

*SCREENINGS*
In *Data Machinery*, curator Stefan Majakowski shows how difficult it is to
give meaning to the overload of data present in our information-society.
What information do you truly have when there's too much data to comprehend,
or you don't know how to interpret it?

As a platform for disobedience, the WE-tube-otheek, from curator Johan
Grimonprez, provides a temporary short circuit of the political system that
runs on fear and anxiety-management. In Florian Wuest’s *Jailbreak*, artists
and activists shatter the relationship between sender and receiver and call
into question the inherent hierarchy of the mass media.

 *MUSIC PROGRAM*
Lose yourself in the *Hidden Riddims *of the Impakt Festival. During
the *Sacral
Ceremonies*-evening, music will be revealed that is normally found only
behind the closed doors of ceremony. Musicians include Demdike Stare. At the
*Footwork Freak Out*-evening, DJ Rashad and DJ Spinn of the *Chicago
Footwork*-movement will bring a barrage of click, breaks and samples based
on crunk* *and ghettotech*. *

*PANORAMA*
At the festive *Panorama Event Nights* in Theater Kikker you can explore the
best new films, video clips and animations, as well as presentations of art
projects and live interviews with the filmmakers and artists.

 *IMPAKT SWEATSHOPS and PUBLIC DOMAINS*
Join *A Hack a Day* to tinker with the raw data of government agencies, play
together with other Utrecht cult souls during *Nachtelijk Buitenspelen
*(Outdoor
Games Night) or explore the tensions between language, property and code in
networked environments during a tour of Utrecht’s public domain.

*MORE INFORMATION*
Keep up with the Impakt Festival via the website, the TRTK-blog, Twitter and
Facebook. Shortly before the festival we’ll publish the festival newspaper,
with the full program and background articles. Register via
*info@impakt.nl*if you’d like to receive the festival newspaper by
mail.

And of course you can find more details about the program on our brand new
website: www.impakt.nl

           [image: Impakt, Festival]

           [image: Facebook]
Like<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Impakt-Festival-2011-The-Right-to-Know/251479991537401?sk=wall>
  [image: Twitter]
Follow on Twitter <http://twitter.com/impaktfestival>
  [image: Impakt icon]
Visit our site <http://www.impakt.nl>
      [image: IMPAKT FESTIVAL] <http://www.impakt.nl>
 *
IMPAKT FESTIVAL 2011
THE RIGHT TO KNOW*
takes place on *November** **2-6  *in the Kikker Theater and several
locations in Utrecht
Check out the latest info <http://www.impakt.nl>

Check our *Impakt Channel <http://www.impakt.nl/index.php/channel>*
for an ever growing library of current art films
&
Clips from previous events

 ------------------------------
*
Ongoing event:*
The Ritournelle Project, developed by Marc Tuters and Ricarda Franzen, uses
the 7Scenes <http://7scenes.com/> software to provide a multimedia-tour of
the Utrecht Oudegracht area.

 ------------------------------

*The **Impakt Festival *