andreiana mihail on Sun, 27 Oct 2013 13:29:35 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-ro] Matei Bejenaru la Bienala de la Atena, Agora Week

Matei Bejenaru
My Head, My Street...
lecture performance
Matei Bejenaru is an artist and initiator of the Periferic Biennial of
Contemporary Art (1997-2008) in IaÅi, Romania, and co-founder of the
Vector Association, a contemporary art institution that supports the
locally emerging contemporary art scene. In his artistic practice, which is based on documentary photographs, videos and performances, Bejenaru
analyses the impact of globalization on the labor forces of
post-communist countries and their rapidly changing mentalities and
lifestyles. The lecture performance My head, my street... (2013) is an
invitation to contemplate the way an individual relates to the events of which history is made in times of uncertainty and unrest. Together with an actor and a drummer, the artist explores the concepts of utopia and
singularity through speech, rhythm and body language.
Friday, 25/10, 19:00â20:00, Sofokleous 8â10

http://athensbiennale.org/newsletter/october-22-2013/newsletter_en.html