Ciprian Ciuclea on Wed, 21 May 2014 18:57:45 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] one minute & forty-five seconds

a project for C.A.R. 2014, Essen, Germany by Michele Bressan, CÄtÄlin
Burcea and Ciprian Ciuclea.

1'45" is the title of the event and it means the right time you need to
read this text. (Subject to the reader.)
In the end it's all about time...

Michele Bressan, CÄtÄlin Burcea and Ciprian Ciuclea are independent
Romanian artists based in Bucharest.

*

The absence of context often misleads, turning the familiar into ambiguity.
I set up an abstract deconstruction of some of my daily visual references,
in an attempt to detach the forms from what is directly recognizable or
could be precisely classified. The geometric separations dilates the
process of empathy, generating new landmarks that perturb the time
dedicated to the observation and builds a relation to time, space and
memory. (Michele Bressan)

*

The presence in space, the sense of physical space, perceptual immersion or
the feeling of being there occur when a part of a person's perception does
not recognize the exact nature of occurrence in a physical location. / The
definition of presence varies according to each person and is connected to
time. It is not a feature of technology. / The presence results from the
amount of confusion caused by the subjectivity of memories and by the
analyzed events. / The environment provides differentiated information and
opportunities dependent on the individual and his needs. / Reducing
information provides a subjective presence. (Ciprian Ciuclea)

*

From the beginning of our lives we are meant for beauty. The beauty of
happiness as a value to acquaint us with the âpromesse de bonheurâ, as Jeff
Wall stated, quoting Stendhal. What made sense at some given point, our
projections of life, about the cosmos in which we operate, were radically
changed. It is an inevitable ascertainment from the evolution perspective
of any sort of a given system. Different expectations, different needs.
Those changes are hardly perceived in a close up, but they are relentlessly
happening. I decided to reenact these changes by choosing a few âiconâ
images of what we used to call "the guiding light" or "la raison d'etre".
The tensions accumulated due to being "inert within the project", maybe for
too long, make these âimagesâ crack, literally burst. They are no longer
necessary and gradually fade from collective memory. I caught this process
trough a method of photographing photographs - the leftovers of some
representations, once considered fundamentals. On the other hand, some
bizarre machinery is trying to tell us something in an incomprehensible
language, about the hidden meaning of some essential notions. (CÄtÄlin
Burcea)

More on: www.experimentalproject.ro