rachel baker on 10 Jul 2001 15:15:26 -0000

Re: [oldboys] re:HAL JO HO HO

Hi Debra and Mathilde

Its their SOCIAL skills I worry about, not their coding or bike-drawing
skills.
Personally I'm all for segregation - they may code like gods,
these male geeks, but do they, y'know, WASH ever?

Sure, we can join in the male happy hacker family, its just that we have to
put up
with their BAD JOKES, dysfunctional habits and social ineptitudiness. And
mullets.
I'm sorry, its a terrible stereotype but  IT IS TRUE.
I dont wanna hang out with people like that for an entire 3 days! No matter
how brilliant they are at reverse-engineering a NUCLEAR POWER STATION.

Female geeks are just, socially speaking, far COOLER somehow and, therefore,
its
up to US to lead the social revolution.

Thats why I wanted to know if anyone here was going.

xR