Sara on Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:55:03 +0100 (CET)

[oldboys] Invitations to next5minutes 4 in Amsterdam?

HI HALLO

Intro
-----
The Genderchangers and the ASCII in Amsterdam are both involved in
setting up the first phase of the upcoming Next 5 Minutes event: the
Tactical Media Lab (TML for short).
The basic idea is to set up a fully-functioning media space with a
public interface. This means workstations where media and media
arts can be produced, a presentation/performance space, and direct
access to local radio, TV and internet infrastructures.

Cooperation will be with TML's in New York, India, Russia, Australia,
and South America. Participants from other TMLs, along with other
assorted guests relating to the topics chosen for the local TML, may
visit and participate in each of these TMLs.

For the Amsterdam TML, we are considering the topic "One Year After",
as the AMS TML will take place in September, exactly one year after the
9/11 events which so dramatically changed the face of media, and legislation
relating to both to independent media and to freedom of expression and dissent.

The point of this email
-----------------------
Experience says that most of the organizers and participants of these kind
of events are male, but not this time, we hope ;)
The Genderchangers are now looking for ···***### FEMALE ###***··· techies,
activists, netartists, dj's, webradio fans, and simular, to participate in
the Tactical Media Labs.
IF you are interested, and/or you know someone who should be participating,
please let me/us kow. Since fonds for travelling need to be arranged in
advance we need to know asap who is interested (you know, bureaucrazy at its
best ;).

THANK YOU.

greetz | sara platon

For more info: