Cornelia Sollfrank on Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:07:03 +0200 (CEST)

[oldboys] call for 'cyberfeminist' music performers

hiya,

we have suggested to organize a party at n5m, september 11-14, 2003.

the party will take place saturday september 13, at melkweg in amsterdam.

it will start with a 3-hours performance program. please feel free to send your suggestions for this part of the evening.

best,

cornelia, laurence, maya

------------------------------"fem snd"--
-----One-night party during n5m----------

The party will be devided into three parts:
- opening
- performances
- djs (dance)

Due to the heavy underrepresentation of women in electronic music and dj culture, our party will focus on the aspect of giving female artists the opportunity to perform their work. Male artists are also most welcome if their work contributes to the gender discourse.

Another apsect of our party will be not to try to attract attention by big names but more by extraordinary quality. Artists who have booking agents and travel from event to event are not the ones we are interested in. Particularly interesting are artists who not only do their artistsic work but furthermore are active in political contexts and in building networks and platforms also for other artists.

In terms of music we will focus on experimental electronic club music looking for ground-braking conceptual and technical innovations. Whereever possible we will take into consideration the aspect of electronic music, that it highly triggered economic aspects of the Net, questions of copyright.

--

                      take it and run!