Mathilde on Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:38:25 +0200 (CEST)

[oldboys] Virus storm

For now I have installed a procmail filter in my home account, so I will
never ever see any mail with .pif or .scr files sent to me, nor to a
maillist I'm on. This also effectivly kills same kind of mails bounced back
to my adress because of forged mail address. (I received 100 per day)

Again no I cannot stop what is caused by an unknown computer who has the
name oldboys in it.

I hoped a procmail filter was as simply as 1 filter fits all, thus helping
also others who's name is in virus database, but it ain't as straight
forward as copy and install. However if you are also enduring a virus
bombardment I might help to point how you can create the sollution.

Next I also hope the mail misstress of oldboys would block for manually
approval mail with .pif and .scr attached. Pleazzzee ??

Mathilde