Bernhard Günther on 7 Jul 2000 10:13:15 -0000

AW: [rohrpost] Conversation Map

> Im Fruehjahr gab's in rohrpost ein ertragreicheres Topic
> zu Textarchivierung und Datenvisualisierung.

Fand ich auch und ergaenze die nette MIT-Anregung mit
http://acg.media.mit.edu/people/fry/logs/

Ben Fry schreibt dort:
"I'm interested in building systems that create interesting
visual constructions from large bodies of information. The
methods used in designing static chunks of data: charting,
graphing, sorting and the rest (see the books by Tufte for
the complete run-down) are well understood, but much
interesting work remains in finding models and representations
for examining dynamic sources of data, or very very large data
sets. For this work, I'm employing behavioral methods and
distributed systems which treat individual pieces of information
as elements in an environment that produce a representation
based on their interactions."

Zwei huebsche Bilder dazu (ich meine die unteren) auch auf
http://www.vision-plus.net/Redner%20V+8/Fry.html

Bernhard Guenther
Kurator
mica - music information center austria