Reinhold Grether on 8 Mar 2001 20:22:41 -0000

[rohrpost] A MOMENT OF SILENCE... FOR eToys Inc.

TOY.soldiers, etoy.SHAREHOLDERS & FRIENDS,

thousands mourn : we all just lost a player,
9 billion dollars and a legendary "s"...

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010307/wr/leisure_etoys_dc_2.html

the following message was distributed among
the business community tonight - right after
eToys Inc. officially went out of business...

http://www.etoy.com/ - a moment of silence.

on all the desks of the analysts at this moment:

        ******************

SUBJECT: eToys Inc. founder Toby Lenk offered
position on etoy.CORPORATION board.

eToys Inc. <fmr.ETYS> - recently worth 9 billion
dollars on NASDAQ - filed for bankruptcy <Chapter 11>
today March 7th, 2001. Gramazio, President of the
etoy.CORPORATION comments: "For young entrepreneurs
like us this just marks the end of phase II (massive
seed) in the process of turning the Internet into
a reasonable market place. We still love the
challenge of this business and the development of
exciting playgrounds. Burning capital for crazy
business plans is a good thing to do and "bricks-
and-mortar" is just not the kick we are looking
for. It's the groove that keeps us making culture
and cash. Let's enjoy phase III! We do what we can
do to keep the wheels turning. Sometimes even the
other way around if it works better that way".

The etoy.CREW takes a respectful bow before eToys'
corporate grave: "These guys went out to shake
things up. Ok, their business plan needs to be
scrapped and the way they tried to solve disputes
was neither smart nor ethical. But business is
hard and Mr. Lenk a young man. All he needs is
better partners and to learn to play well with
others", explains etoy's in-house Counsel Kubli.

"Money is like a false friend - As soon as you
face trouble it leaves you. Today almost everybody
can cause trouble without even leaving the house.
That's not a bad thing. CEOs, lawyers and investors
simply have to learn how to deal with this fact
instead of wasting energy on old-fashioned power.
Communicate before you take action and think twice
about your enemies! They may be nicer than you
think", said Internet scholar Dr. Grether from
Constance University and founder of
www.netzwissenschaft.de who closely followed the
fundamental trademark dispute renowned as "TOYWAR".
Mrs. Monorom, Executive Officer of the etoy.VENTURE-
CAPITAL group adds: "The Porsche that is parked in
your garage is connected to the life you live and
the cash you burn to the friends and enemies you
have. If YOU don't connect those things yourself
etoy will do it for you. Whether you like it or not.
The digital revolution goes on. Thousands spend
every minute of their lives learning how to use
their electronic toys to become players generating
impact - to be part of the code of tomorrow".

Even Zai makes no bones about it: "Mr. Lenk, let's
try and bury the hatchet. Now that you've lost your
"s", why not come and play with us. As CEO of etoy,
I personally invite you to join our board. Together
we are an unrivalled team. Imagine! We could really
rock the party".

Think about it. ARTISTS & BUSINESSMEN, tonight, as
you all open your cold beers or a bottle of Chateau
Mouton Rothschild 1989 from wine.com <no symbol>.
http://www.wine.com/sku/wine_sku.jsp?sku=0024470
It is the privilege of all who are able to read this
message to think about the future of human culture.
It's a real luxury to invest and lead. Bad business
is like bad art: not worth your resources, boring
and fading away fast.

etoy.CORPORATION - www.etoy.com - invest@etoy.com
24 hour press office etoy.TANK14: ++41 1 242 40 81