thepeoplesproject on 31 Mar 2001 04:07:47 -0000

[rohrpost] fw: concern of all of us

Title: fw: concern of all of us
Von: W&W <w.w@pop3.poptel.org.uk>
Datum: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:12:39 +0100

Dear friends

I am convinced that the American government think that they live on a different planet to the rest of us!  Today it was announced that the USA would be pulling out of the Kyoto Agreement on green house gas emmissions.  Why do I suddenly get the urge to building an Ark.

Anyway  here's what I did in response.  I telephoned The White house, they wouldn't let me speak to the President, but I was put through to a nice operator who listened to my complaint and told me that "My comment would be passed onto the President in the afternoon".  I offered to leave my phone number in case he fancied a chat about it but she declined.

So if anyone fancies doing the same the number is: 001 202 4561414.  It only took a couple of minutes and if you phone after 6pm its the morning there and cheap rate here (UK).

You may think that the excersise was pointless, perhaps so, but I can't help thinking that if enough of the people of the world voice thier concerns about this someone will have to listen.  Hopefully before we all have to go to work in Wet suits.

If you do this and agree with the action it may also be an idea to pass this on to anyone else who you think may feel the same.

Love
Richardx