staun on 24 Jul 2001 11:15:15 -0000

[rohrpost] [Fwd: Re: [no-profit] Adobe-Demo]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [no-profit] Adobe-Demo
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:30:25 +0200
From: "[8ern@ gmx.net]" <8ern@gmx.net>
To: menschenstattprofite@topica.com

hallo leute,

es klingt unfassbar, aber die sache scheint sich erledigt zu haben:

folgendes steht auf www.boycottadobe.org :

Seattle, U.S.A

We have achieved our objective. Adobe has agreed to drop the complaint
against Dmitry Sklyarov and asked US Law enforcement
authorities to release him from detention immediately.

They did so as a result of an unprecedented series of protests today at
Adobe offices and U.S. Government agencies around the world.
In addition, a skilled team of negotiators from the EFF met with Adobe
management at Adobe's California headquarters. Their hard
work on the inside supported by hundreds of protestors outside secured
the agreements.

Adobe has done the right thing. Let us hope that other companies
considering using the DMCA as a weapon take heed of the lesson
taught Adobe over the last six days and think twice before acting
against their own interests. Our work here at Boycott Adobe is now
complete. This is a great day for democracy.