corcoran on Mon, 1 Apr 2002 22:31:47 +0200 (CEST)

[rohrpost] original

Take a look at Marcel Duchamp's L.H.O.O.Q. (1919):

http://www.studiolo.org/Mona/MONA11.htm

Duchamp begins with _La Gioconda_--and adds original drawing. By the way,
he seems to have created a genre, amusingly documented at:

http://www.studiolo.org/Mona/MONALIST.htm

The most ambitious is, of course, Salvador Dali's mix of La Giocanda and
his own (yep, original) portrait.

About the musical examples--I'm not on a campaign against remixing and
calling it art. We all do what we can. Best regards, Marlena

rohrpost - deutschsprachige Liste fuer Medien- und Netzkultur
Archiv: http://www.nettime.org/rohrpost Info: http://www.mikro.org/rohrpost
Ent/Subskribieren: http://post.openoffice.de