Manuel Bonik on Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:15:04 +0200 (CEST)

[rohrpost] GOLEM FROM PRAGUE: Michael Bielicky tonight at 34k, Berlin

travellab welcomes you to

GOLEM FROM PRAGUE

a media lecture by

Michael Bielicky

Special guest: video artist Anu Pennanen from Helsinki.

Tonight, Wednesday, August 14 2002, at 9 pm.

34k
Kastanienallee 34
10435 Berlin

contact phone: Berlin 4490705 and 0160-99018889
------

Michael Bielicky was born in Prague in 1954 and emigrated
to the Federal Republic of Germany in 1969. In 1984 he
began studying at the Art Academy in Düsseldorf, where he
became a master-class pupil of Nam June Paik. He graduated from
the Art Academy in 1987 and then worked as an assistant
to Nam June Paik.

In 1991, Bielicky founded the Department for New Media at
the Art Academy in Prague, where he has been a professor
and director of the same department since 1995. In
addition to this, he is an adviser for the European Council
for Culture and Technology. He has been involved in
numerous German and international exhibitions and
projects. To mention but a few: Bielicky's art was displayed in
the Red Salon of the People's Theatre (Volksbühne), Berlin
in 1993 and he was a guest artist at the Center for Art and
Media Technology in Karlsruhe (1999/2000). His video sculpture
>Manorah< is permanently installed at the Jewish Museum Berlin.
He is also an advising professor for travellab's ICECA
(Initiative for Cultural Exchange and Computer Arts),
Chiang Mai, Thailand.

------

Anu Pennanen
born 1975 Kirkkonummi
Lives and works in Helsinki, Finland.
Studies: Helsinki Academy of Fine Arts,  Media Art
Department, MA -studies 2001- Turku Polytechnics,
Arts and Media Department 1996-2000 Nordic School of
Art 1994-1995.
Solo Exhibitions: >Detached< (4min12sec/16 mm film) and
>The Walker< (videoinstallation) will be installed as
DVD-loops in solo exhibition at Gallery Lontar in Jakarta
Indonesia from the 7 - 20 .6.2002. The exhibition is
connected to an exhibition of Finnish video art.
I participate the group show with video >Laws of Drama<.
>I traded my safety for the glass beads of fantasy<,
a 3-week videoinstallation with the presence of a
performer. BA-diploma work exhibition at gallery
Just, Turku 14-29.4.2000.
Film screenings: >Detached< at gallery Muu,
Helsinki. >Detached< will be broadcasted at Finnish
Television channel YLE TV 1 during Spring 2003.

--
Manuel Bonik <manuel@travellab.net>