Volker Grassmuck on Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:44:13 +0100 (CET)

[rohrpost] First New Media Festival in Chiang Mai

>From March 28 until the 15th of April there'll be held the Chiang Mai
First New Media Festival. That's in Thailand.

There'll be 2 events which allow an online realtime participation -
on
the opening night, March 28, & on the 4th of April.

We're all heartily invited to participate in these online events - to
show the people in Thailand that there is indeed an interested
international community. & to help & support the festival with this
interest & these kind of activities.

	http://iceca.chiangmai.ac.th/events/exhibition_info.html

About the Festival

The Chiang Mai First New Media Festival will be held at from 28 March
through 15 April on three locations on the CMU campus -- the CMU Art
Museum, the Faculty of Fine Arts and the Faculty of Architecture.
The Festival will be the first activity of the New Media Center (the
collaborative media lab) at the CMU Faculty of Architecture

The Festival will expose Thai artists, students, and the general
public
to an emerging new art form using computers and elctronic
technologies--many of which are interactive.  There are over 60 works
from outside Thailand and over 40 new films from east and west Europe
and other parts of the worls, which will be screened in the CMU Art
Museum Theater and on the new large screen at the collaborative media
lab.

Works include CD-ROM presentations, sound art, on-line web and
Internet
art, interactive and flash animation exhibits.

In addition, there will be 4 days of workshops conducted by New Media
pioneers from Europe on video art, interactive media and on-line and
web
art and other performances held outdoors.

All festival activities including the workshops are open to the
public
and are free of charge.

Live Events

	http://iceca.chiangmai.ac.th/events/live.html

CHIANGMAI FIRST NEW MEDIA ART FESTIVAL
WELCOMES YOU TO BE WITH US
LIVE
FOR THE SIMULTANEOUS OPENING OF THE
COLLABORATIVE MEDIA ART SPACE
AND THE
CHIANGMAI NEW MEDIA ART FESTIVAL

YOU CAN PERFORM LIVE OR SEND LIVE GREETINGS
FROM YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR COUNTRY
TO OUR VISITORS AT THE OPENING CEREMONIES
AT THE CHIANGMAI UNIVERSITYART MUSEUM
AND FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE
please use the links for finding out the time in your city:

28 MARCH AT 18:00 (GMT 11:00)

SEE TIME IN YOUR COUNTRY FOR THIS EVENT
(please be online 30 min before for testing)

4 April 18:00 (GMT 11:00)

SEE TIME IN YOUR COUNTRY FOR THIS EVENT
(please be online 30 min before for testing)

Speak Freely is our chosen software for this event

Speak Freely, uses GSM compression for real-time
audio and requires a bandwidth of just 1650 bytes per second

download by clicking the image below

or link directly to http://www.speakfreely.org/

[ E-MAIL US FOR DETAILS ! ]
[ it's: iceca@chiangmai.ac.th ]

when you contact us you will get our I.P address
and instructions on how and when we are online

--
   act now:    copy = right    http://privatkopie.net
   schon 40.000 Unterschriften !!!