Joseph Nechvatal on Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:57:32 GMT

Syndicate: Universal Concepts Unlimited (UCU)

RELEASE PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE

Universal Concepts Unlimited (UCU) announces the opening of its exhibition
space in Chelsea at 507 West 24th Street, NY, NY 10001.
UCU features the work of artists in computer informatics, painting,
sculpture, photography,  investigate new
technologies and their significance for art. From the backdrop of an
ongoing exploration in visual art and experimental science and
technology, our aesthetic programs seek to introduce crucial issues
essential to the larger globalized artistic and intellectual community.

In addition to generating exhibitions, UCU will host panel discussions
and lectures by leading artists, critics, historians, philosophers and
scientists in both its Chelsea space and on the web. These adjunct
activities will serve to illustrate and amplify the gallery's  objectives.

The inaugural exhibition 'ROUNDERS' opened on Saturday, Jannuary
15, 2000. This exhibition displays eight bowling balls selected and
personalized by the artists:
SUZANNE ANKER, FRANK GILLETTE, INGO GUNTHER, STEVE MILLER, JOSEPH NECHVATAL,
MICHAEL REES, BRADLEY RUBENSTEIN AND MICHAEL ZANSKY in a site-specific
setting.

Gallery hours: Tues. - Sat. 11am - 6pm
Contact Person: Marian Ziola
Tel: 212.727.7575
FAX: 212.727.7676
Email: UCU@webtv.net

=================

Dr. Joseph Nechvatal

http://www.dom.de/groebel/jnech/
http://www.dom.de/groebel/jnech/ideals.htm
http://www.cybertheque.fr/galerie/jnech

"Like philosophy, art exceeds lived experience by creating an approach to
chaotic virtuality."
-Tamsin Lorraine, "Irigarary and Deleuze : Experiments in Visceral
Philosophy"

We form a rhizome with our viruses, or rather, our viruses make us form a
rhizome with other creatures.
- Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari, On The Line