Joel S. Bachar on Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:23:54 -0800

Syndicate: Independent Exposure Call for Works

Blackchair Productionsâ?? Independent Exposure?
Program
Seattle video and film artist, Joel S. Bachar founded Blackchair Productions
in 1992.
Due to the overwhelming lack of independent-oriented screening venues,
Blackchair Productions began the Independent Exposure Microcinema
screening program in 1996. This program, held every month at the Speakeasy
Caféâ??s Backroom in Seattle, has presented the short film, video and
digital works of over 300 artists from 91 cities in 39 states and 13 countries.
The program has also gained an enviable reputation in the international
microcinema network maintained in 50 cities, 20 states and 20 countries!
2000 is not only the fifth season of Independent Exposure, but it is marks
the beginning of Blackchair Productionsâ?? newest venture, Microcinema.com.
Microcinema.com will serve the international film, video, and digital
communities and its audiences by leading the Microcinema movement and will
promote artists and their works through its international offline and
online exhibition and distribution network.
Ultimately, Blackchair Productions, through their Distribution through
Exhibition efforts, microcinema.com website, and other advocacy efforts,
Blackchair Productions hope to expose, promote and distribute the independent
video, film and digital arts to the widest audience possible.
For those interested, here is our Distribution through
Exhibition Call for Works
Blackchair Productions is accepting short video, film and
digital-media submissions of
30 minutes or less on an ongoing basis for their monthly screening
program called Independent Exposure. 2000 is the fifth year of the
program and we want to include you in the show! Artists will be paid an
honorarium AND will qualify for a non-exclusive distribution deal, which
will include additional license fees for international offline and online
sales! We are looking for short experimental, narrative, alternative,
avant-garde, humorous, dramatic, erotic, subversive, animation and underground
works. Works selected will, in most cases, continue on to national and
international venues for additional screenings and may qualify for our DVD/VHS
home video compilations as well as Netcasting via our microcinema.com website.
Submit a VHS/or S-VHS (NTSC preferred) clearly labeled with name, title, length,
phone-number along with any support materials including photos! Due to the large
amount of entries, we are unable to return your submission(s).
We will get back to you!
Send submissions to: Blackchair Productions, 2318 Second Ave., PMB 313-A,
Seattle, WA, 98121, USA. Info/details: 206-568-6051, info@microcinema.com,
www.microcinema.com
Joel S. Bachar,
PresidentMicrocinema, Inc./Blackchair Productions2318 Second Ave., PMB
#313-A, Seattle, WA 98121, USA206-568-6051www.microcinema.comwww.blackchair.com