misko on Tue, 8 Feb 2000 18:10:25 +0100

Syndicate: Help in the Labyrinth

Dear Annick,

Regarding the concept of a Labyrinth, Iskra
Dimitrova has done a projectwith the same title in the frameworks of our CD
ROM ICON ON SILVER

LabyrinthAuthor: Iskra Dimitrovafrom the
Icon on Silver CD ROM.Check this: http://www.soros.org.mk/scca/index.htmlhttp://www.soros.org.mk/scca/index.html

 The project "Labyrinth" is a system
consisting of several layers. Every one of its fields is in the same time
spatial and symbolicallytied to the previous.

Level I. The essence of the project is an
individual spiritual road in which the visitor faces death through the symbols
in order to arriveto the re-birth. It represents a kind of initiation.

Level II. The form of the project (labyrinth-like)
symbolically signifies a road-entering in the insides where through the death
(Minotaur) a new life comes: The form of the project is such that if a wrong
roadis chosen to the goal the road leads in a circle.

Level III. The images encountered by the viewer in
the beginning of every field are in a form of a cave (from the beginning), and
thenalso a tunnel - a sort of "managing" through space.

Regarding the Rhizome we are at this moment
completing our educationalproject "Roots and Rhizomes" (by Bojan IVanov and
Branko Sarkanjac)consisted of a CD ROM, video tapes, book, series of
lectures and CUSeeMeconferencing.http://www.scca.org.mk/

Regards,

Melentie PandilovskiContemporary Art Center
SkopjeOrce Nikolov 109100 Skopje, Republic of Macedoniascca@soros.org.mkÂ