Arthur Bueno on Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:13:32 +0200

Syndicate: Fw: Participate in SIGGRAPH 2000 Art Gallery

Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 02:17:36 -0400
From: "bonniem@creativity.bgsu.edu" <bonniem@creativity.bgsu.edu>
Subject: Participate in SIGGRAPH 2000 Art Gallery

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION.... SIGGRAPH 2000!

ON-LINE JULY 23 - 28 ONLY at:

http://identity.dinerinc.com

"Merging Identity: Exploration of identity, the body and life online"

CONTRIBUTE A DIGITAL IMAGE IN RESPONSE TO IDENTITY THEMES!

Have your work projected large in the SIGGRAPH 2000 Art Gallery!

Expected attendence:  40,000 people

"Merging Identity" is an international World Wide Web art event that
enables
you to collectively explore the evolution of creative expression by
contributing to an evolving idea.  As members of a global Internet
community,
our identity is defined not by our physical selves but by our ability to

express ourselves via text and images.  As we enter into dialog and
interaction
in our new world, we leave behind the body.  Gender, race, and physical
appearance
are no longer a defining characteristic of our social selves.  Without
the body,
identity can be boiled down to an email address, words and images.
Rather than
freeing us, the loss of the body begins to decompose our individuality
and unify
us into one large homogenous global identity.

"Merging Identity" enables you to collectively explore the ways in which

the body has helped shape our individual identities.  You can respond to

other's WWW contributions by submitting a visual response to
the web site.  Collaborators are invited to expand upon someone else's
idea by submitting
an image to the site. The site is fully automated, contributions are
instantly added to the site, and existing pages are updated.

Over 2000 invitations have been sent to individuals in 20 different
countries.
"Merging Identity" is an active event during SIGGRAPH 2000 and is open
to show attendees
and the global community.  At SIGGRAPH 2000, conference attendees can
participate at The Studio.
During, and after SIGGRAPH the evolution of ideas is
documented at:

http://creativity.bgsu.edu.edu/identity

Bonnie Mitchell
Bowling Green State University