Andrej Tisma on Sat, 12 Aug 2000 18:18:14 +0200

Re: Syndicate: unique sign - unique location, Mostar

European artists could work better in Novi Sad, Serbia - we have THREE
bridges destroyed!

Anna Balint wrote:

> In a canon where the western movies made in East Europe
> were shooted and one can still discover the path where
> Winetou used to come down to the valley nowadays two
> communities live in two cities at the banks of Neretva
> river, one called Mostar (in Croatian), and the other
> Mostar (in Bosnian.) Cultural City Network Graz presents
> here swimming objects anchored in the river Neretva under
> the title Unique Sign - Unique Location.
> Artists from Central Europe try to sew together the
> riverbanks of Neretva (Gordana Andeliè-Galic); to search
> whether the omelettes on the surface of the water have
> something to do with the eggs used for construction
> material at the Old Bridge in 1566 and with the destruction
> of the bridge in 1993 (Borut Popenko); to find out whether
> people thrown in the river with their hands tied up can
> swim or they can not (Dejan Grba). We are all curious
> whether the local people will walk on the new cyber-bridge
> http://www.neretva.net (Joachim Bauer) and wheter they will
> swim to sit at the white mirror-table installed in the
> middle of the river (Jozsef Tasnadi).
>
> Opening: 13 August. The same day the 433rd bridge-diving
> event will take where thousand of spectators are expected.
>
> Artists:
> Gordana Andeliè-Galic (BIH), Amer Baksiè (BIH), Joachim
> Baur (A), Mario Cvetkoviè (HR), Seiichi Furuya (J/A),Dejan
> Grba (YU), Aleksandar Iliè-Lamacq (HR), Luise Kloos (A),
> Borut Popenko (SLO), Priska Riedl (A), Kamen Stojanow (BG),
> Jozsef Tasnadi (H), Mariola Wawzusiak (PL).
>
> Organized by Cultural City Network Graz - Kulturvermittlung
> Steiermark in cooperation with the City of Mostar and
> KulturKontakt Austria.
> Concept and development: Max Aufischer.

>  Syndicate network for media culture and media art
>  information and archive: http://www.v2.nl/syndicate

ANDREJ TISMA is Novi Sad (Yugoslavia) based artist, art critic and
curator. Since the early '70s mail-artist and networker. Founder of
The Institute for the Spreading of Love (1991) and Embargo Art
campaign (1992). Since 1997 web.artist and activist.
HOMEPAGE: http://aaart.tripod.com/