Andreas Broeckmann on Mon, 9 Oct 2000 13:31:55 +0200

Re: Syndicate: Eruption of people's wrath!

>    I'm SO PROUD of people in Serbia who did everything in such
>    manner, after ten years of living under constant tension and
>    fear. I have never heard or seen that an extremely oppressive
>    regime was completely beaten on the streets in barely six
>    hours, without any bloodshed.

with all due respect, i think that it took an embarrassing ten (thirteen?)
years of blood-and-crime-ridden preparations to stage these six hours. just
in order not to get too romantic about this speedy overthrow. the reasons
why this did not happen in 1990, in 1993, 1995, 1996/97 or 1999 are many
and the stuff for opinionisers and historians. but we have to remember that
there have been many situations before in which everybody said that 'this
will be the end', and it never was. until last week.

i'm glad it is. and i salute all the people in and outside of serbia who
have kept the faith.

when talking to katarina last friday we suggested that finally we can
organise that syndicate meeting in belgrade and novi sad, maybe some time
in the spring next year. if you can go before then, i'm sure it'll be
possible to find a place to sleep easily.

greetings,

-a