integer on Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:25:15 -0500

Re: Syndicate: DRIVE

 Alex Adriaansens <alex@v2.nl>

 >JORDAN CRANDALL   -  DRIVE
 >An installation on the perception and conditioning of the human body
 >through technological viewingmachines in the last century.
 >
 >Exhibition at TENT in cooperation with V2_Organisatie in Rotterdam.
 >Time: 25 januari until 11 februari 2001 open di - zo, 11 - 18 h.
 >Location: Witte de Withstraat 50 in Rotterdam
 >
 >Jordan Crandalls installation 'Drive' is being presented in TENT in
 >cooperation with V2_Organisation.
 >Drive is about the influence of moving images onto the spectators.

 Hello Alex.

 I am making an adjustment - imaging the influence of spectators on moving spectators.

 >About
 >their psychological and physical impact. But it is also about the
 >development of the cinematographic language

 Marker

 >and its deep connection with
 >the changing society.

 Develop svp +?

 >Crandall has conciously

               consciously

 >embedded Drive in a
 >historical and political context. Historical by using old film techniques
 >(Super 8 mm and 16 mm), which he transformed into a contemporary document
 >by DVD and the latest software. Political by using civilian and military
 >images. Military footage shows a very different approach than 'ordinary'
 >film does. It does not register movements but tracks them.
 >Crandall combines recordings by espionage cameras,

 Espionage cameras seldomly track whilst cinema cameras oftenly track.

 >satellites, Night Vision devices
 >and thermal imaging cameras, to create an interaction of movement,
 >technology and even erotic desire.

 I am in a cord.

 >This way Drive's hybrid post-cinematic
 >imagery contributes to film history.

 Marker

 >and its deep connection with
 >the changing society.

 Develop svp +?

 >Crandall has conciously

               consciously

 >embedded Drive in a
 >historical and political context. Historical by using old film techniques
 >(Super 8 mm and 16 mm), which he transformed into a contemporary document
 >by DVD and the latest software. Political by using civilian and military
 >images. Military footage shows a very different approach than 'ordinary'
 >film does. It does not register movements but tracks them.
 >Crandall combines recordings by espionage cameras,

 Espionage cameras seldomly track whilst cinema cameras oftenly track.

 >satellites, Night Vision devices
 >and thermal imaging cameras, to create an interaction of movement,
 >technology and even erotic desire.

 I am in a cord.

 >This way Drive's hybrid post-cinematic
 >imagery contributes to film history.

 Marker

 >Link:

 May i offer an observation - logicians would adore you.

 Lets listen to your.cells. Ready +?
 Camera. Track

         But it is also about the
         development of the cinematographic language

         This way Drive's hybrid post-cinematic
         imagery contributes to film history.

         Historical by using old film techniques
         (Super 8 mm and 16 mm), which he transformed
         into a contemporary document by DVD

 In other words - JORDAN CRANDALL contributes to the dev. of cinematographic
 language by contributing to film history because JORDAN CRANDALL has
 transferred (Super 8 mm and 16 mm) to DVD.

 NN has always adored V2.
 however __y o u r elegant observations Alex, contribute to the dev. of a new love affair,
 an interaction of movement, ___... and even erotic desire.

 !zotrop!kl!.nn

                                            n      n

                            n      n
                                                 v3kt0r.r2!n - ztra!ng !n 2 dze z!ngular!t!

 -

 Netochka Nezvanova
 f3.MASCHIN3NKUNST
 @www.eusocial.com