J.B. on Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:06:50 -0800

Syndicate: Bushisms

Dear All:

Sorry, I can't remember who recommended this--Andreas, I think...I checked
out SchenkReport ezine [commentary on "liberal politics, culture and the
arts"]. http://www.SchenkReport.com/
Thanks for your suggestion, it's excellent, and offers free subscriptions.

The collection of quotes from [I shudder just typing his name] President
Bush Jr., range from frightening to poetic or hilarious...or something [is
very wrong]...

http://www.SchenkReport.com/bushisms.html

I can't resist passing on some samples:

"It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important.
It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you
know, the dark dungeons of the Internet."

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature
because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully."

"There is no such thing as legacies. At least, there is a legacy, but I'll
never see it."

"We'll let our friends be the peacekeepers and the great country called
America will be the pacemakers."

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

Laughing at him is easy, but we're still in shock over the outcome of the
election. It's almost impossible to accept that Bush is president, and
apparently a very active one. (Clinton was very energetic, Kennedy slept
half of the day). Women in this country are braced for fights over abortion
rights, and so on. The gag order on american-funded health organizations
overseas re advising women of abortion options is abominable.

x, Julie