inke on Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:03:20 MET

Re: Syndicate: VIRUS ALERT

Just a quick note to all fellow Syndicalists:

we (Andreas and I) are doing everything to immediately close the Syndicate list for
attachments, and, if this is not feasible at aec, we will
immediately move the whole list to another server in Berlin. the new list will be
functioning from tomorrow morning. since the first
malicious posting in January 2001 we have tried to convince the responsible people at
aec.at to imediately close the list for attachments
(we do not have and never had access to the config file of this mailing list ourselves).
nothing has happened, unfortunately.

i cannot tolerate this sending of malicious attachments and the list being open for this
any longer (it was unbearable during the last two
and a half months already, but alas), and therefore am in favor of any action that leads
to an immediate ban of these attachments.

for the time being please use a reliable anti-virus program, or check your e-mail via a
web interface (anything that does not download
that .exe crap onto your hard disk).

I will send some information as soon a the new mailing list is up and running.

Greetings from the deadline's foremost frontier ;)
Inke

> I think there it was already mentioned 500 times that you please do not
> send attachments to mailing lists!

Kathrin: das macht jemand absichtlich, nicht versehentlich. Aus purer Boesartigkeit, oder
weil er/sie es braucht....